Had TT and lipo of flanks done 5 days ago

dowseras
on 3/24/09 2:02 pm - Bloomfield Hills, MI
This is a lot harder than I expected it to be.

I'm 3 1/2 years post-op from gastric bypass, and it was time for me to finally get it done. I selected a great surgeon and had surgery done on Thursday last week.

I love my binder to death. When I take it off, I find it hard to breath, and I feel a lot more tightness than I do with it on. I've been sleeping on the couch just fine, thinking about trying my bed soon enough. My back is killing me from the lipo of the flanks. Got a lot of bruising of course.

I'll probably try and post some pics of before and after progression. I'm just so excited to have a flat tummy while I'm still young and maybe I can even wear a bikini some day.

Also, I decided to weigh myself today. The doc said he took off 5 pounds of skin and fat from my belly and 2 pounds of fat from the lipo in the back, so I should be down 7 pounds or so, but I've gained 3 pounds. I guess I have to remember that I am only 5 days out and there is a lot of swelling and water retention right now.

Any tips on comfort or anything else?

ALSO, I'm a recovering alcoholic and I have a built up tolerance for anything, so this pain medication isn't doing ANYTHING for me. I don't know how to talk to my doctor about it tomorrow when I see him for my post-op.
RNY bypass: 7/28/2005
TT: 3/19/2009

totalfreedom
on 3/24/09 2:49 pm - Northern CA
Hey congrats on your weight loss and welcome to the world of PS.  Yes the TT is very painful and with lipo you can have lots of swelling.  I stuck to my percoset 2 every 4 hours like clockwork (I set my alarm) and did that for at least 1 week, then started tapering off.  If your drug isn't working for you, i guess I would ask the doctor about something else you can take.  Maybe a sleeping pill for the evening?

the pain should get better soon.

Kelli
5' 1, 221pds to 120pds, BMI: 42.5 to 22.8, Size 22WP to 2P.  
Dr. Agha-Newport Beach, CA:  
12.29.08:TT/LBL/UTL/BL/Butt Aug!
 5.10.09: Face/Neck Lift,Implants,lipo, lower eyelids,fat transfer

Danielle H.
on 3/25/09 12:23 am - Atlanta, GA
I had a LBL almost a month ago and I too love the binder!  Its not a comfort issue for me, but it helps the muscles to relax more in my opinion.  I see my dr today so I'll see if he releases me for workouts soon!

The pain is hard, but after the first week it does get better.  The lipo on my back was the worst for me...so I sympathize and yes you're really early out to be weighing..just realize they fill you with fluids during surgery - especially for the lipo so hang in there!

High Weight 260, Surgery Weight 218,  Lowest Weight 156, CURRENT WEIGHT 177, Goal Weight 140

Breast Lift /Back Lipo 10/2008
LBL (Belt Lipectomy with Fluer de lis cut TT) 2/27/09
www.advancedobesitysurgery.com (Dr. Dennis Smith)
www.gaplasticsurgery.com (Dr. Sheldon Lincenberg)

Most Active