Just Starting...... kinda long sorry

dezera
on 3/25/09 6:14 am - APO
Hello everyone!  Ok here is my deal I have tricare Prime but do not live near a military hospital only a clinic. anyway I go in on the 1st to talk to my PCM aout the skin removal he had previously asked me if i was interested in this back in Nov but i though i had to be 18 months out. anyway i tlaked to tricare and after explaing my story they told me i did not have to be 18 months out and that i should make an appt with the PCM for a referral to a PS. Ok my question is when i go in is there anything specific i should point out or mention that helps our cases along? or gives us a better chance? of getting referred? i am down 160 lbs since i started this whole process (100lbs since surgery) and i have been between 180-185 since last august. anyway any advice you can give me i would greatly appriciate!

thank you

Terri

Brandi7920
on 3/25/09 7:07 am - Nashville, TN
Insurance usually looks at a documented history of skin rashes, back pain, the length of panni overhang (usually well past the mons area). Good luck!
RNY 02/16/04
LBL, MTL, Lipo 06/04/09
351lb to 170lb
Redhaired
on 3/25/09 9:22 am - Mouseville, FL
Tricare is going to want documentation of medical necessity.  So you need to have your PCM and the plastic surgeon document any issues the skin is causing you.  If you get rashes do not self treat -- go to the doctor and let him/her diagnose and treat the problem.  It is generally not good enough for you to say you have rashes -- it has to be documented.

Red

Most Active