question about lbl

tcnaegele
on 3/25/09 8:45 pm - madison, IN
i was wondering i practice pulling the skin up to see how much would come off, i have alot in the front but i can not even pinch it up in the back, do they have to cut all the way around or can they cut just half way around, or do they pull your butt cheeks up and then cut that part, i do have a saggy butt but no extra skin on the back.
Lynne R.
on 3/25/09 10:35 pm - Houston, TX
A tummy tuck will only do the front part. A lower body lift is all the way around.

Lynne

Redhaired
on 3/25/09 11:19 pm - Mouseville, FL
Your plastic surgeon will be able to advise you on this.  But one does not have to have the back done.  A panniculectomy or TT will address the issues in the front -- without messing with the backside.

Red

akers123
on 3/25/09 11:34 pm - Charlotte Hall, MD
The LBL will actually not do anything with the upper back.  But it will fix that saggy butt part.  I have a BIG FAT BACK and the LBL didn't touch that at all.  In the back its basically below the waste.  Hope this helps.
Kristi Akers
Gastric Bypass - Feb 6, 2004
Lower Body Lift - Feb 25, 2009
Breast Lift/Lipo - Dec 7, 2009
Upper Body Lift/Arms - Feb 23, 2011

BigCityGirl
on 3/26/09 1:23 am - San Diego, CA
Maybe you don't need an LBL - perhaps an extended TT may work for you.  Have you been on consultations?  Ask a plastic surgeon about the difference between the front and back excess skin.  I had an LBL and had more skin in the fron than the back - I think that's pretty normal.  If you are more than just curious about this ask a surgeon to mark  you up with his Sharpie during a consulation to get an Idea of how much will be removed.  I asked my surgeon to mark up my arm during my consultation for my brachioplasty so that I would know where the scars would be.  Good luck.
Surgeon: Joseph Grzeskiewicz, M.D., F.A.C.S.
La Jolla Cosmetic Surgery Centre
Most Active