3 weeks out from lower body lift (belt lipectomy)

kimmee2k
on 3/25/09 12:54 pm - Phoenix, AZ
Hello everyone,
Just posted up a few photos of my belt lipectomy or lower body lift.Was done 3/2/2009. I do have a few spots that have separated they are healing well though. I did have a breast augmentation as well. I am happy with my flat stomach and the extra skin gone in front and back. Hope this helps those who are on their journey.

Much love & success
Kimmee
DEBI R.
on 3/25/09 6:38 pm - CORSICANA, TX
You look great Kimmee, thanks for sharing.
I'm scheduled for mine April 8th and can't wait.
Debi

____debi__________200.jpg image by tunie_2006 item11.jpg image by tunie_2006      

minuature pinscher 

akers123
on 3/25/09 11:45 pm - Charlotte Hall, MD
Hi Kimmee.  Congrats you look great.

Can you go into more about the seperated spots?  Did they just happen or have they been like that the whole time.  I have a bad spot on my back with necrosis and they are thinking when they cut it out its going to be an open wound so I am trying to learn as much as I can about them.

Thanks
Kristi Akers
Gastric Bypass - Feb 6, 2004
Lower Body Lift - Feb 25, 2009
Breast Lift/Lipo - Dec 7, 2009
Upper Body Lift/Arms - Feb 23, 2011

kimmee2k
on 3/26/09 2:10 am, edited 3/26/09 2:10 am - Phoenix, AZ

Hi Akers123,

The seperated sections on the side in the front just the suctures came out and it was just an open seperated part that is as small as your picky fingernail. It just seperated on its own. Was not always like that. My surgeon states that it will happen. It's using your body. and where the incision is located because we use our backs for our daily mechanics. Nothing major though. Very small spots. He did place me on more antibiotics just to be safe.   The one on my back was the size of a pencil diameter round wise. My surgeon would not place stitches again just had me to place these patches and badaids with that neoporin in them. They do really work. I put extra neosporin and it heals fast. Nothing infected or anything. But in the small of you back where you use it alot it will have some separation it just  is how large and how deep the incision. Hope this helps and the patches you can buy at Walmart. 5 in a box and they have the neosporin in the gauze but again i bought xtra neosporin.

Kimmee

MelissaF
on 3/26/09 2:27 am - Northwood, IA
You look terrific Kimmee!!! Thanks for sharing with all of us, you are always so wonderful to share all the details of all your experiences! (esp with me so I thank you from the bottom of my heart!) you help so many!
Hugs, Melissa 

http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p=6166c1bf498224d5a8b93e&skin_id=701&utm_source=otm&utm_medium=text_url

RNY- 12/04/06 with Dr. Matt Glasock

LBL - 4/28/09 with Dr. Rene Recinos

kimmee2k
on 3/26/09 11:51 am - Phoenix, AZ
Thanks Melissa,
I do try. I know at times some are embarrassed to ask and a question is never dumb if you truely dont know. I am willing to share the knowledge that I have and have learned throughout my journey and experiences that with hard work, perserverance and dedication to yourself you can be a success at this break the cycle of weightloss. I wish you well with your upcoming surgery and please do keep me posted.

Kimmee
jillianD
on 3/26/09 1:28 pm - olympia, WA
RNY on 02/13/08 with
Kimmee,

I belive I met you at the Madigan support group while you were still in the hosp.  I am so glad to hear that you are doing well.  Am I right in thinking the Patel did your surgery?  Well good luck and good healing!!
Jilly  BR/BL  April 15, 2009!!

Most Active