Ugggh!!

Kelly V.
on 3/26/09 6:00 am - Galion, OH

Ok I am 2 weeks out from a total body lift.  Things are going ok except I now have a hole in my back at my incision right above my butt and it is leaking fluid.  I TOLD myself I was doing to much but I felt so good and was in very little pain.  Now I am paying the price.  The surgeon believes it is a pocket of fluid which obtained to much pressure and needed to release.  Has anyone had this and how long did it take for the fluid pocket to stop leaking?  I can handle the hole it is just the fluid (and it is alot-for days) keeps leaking.

I have a few small openings in my thighs which I expected as that area is so hard to heal

Also, the swelling!!  I am doing it all correctly.  Taking my Bromelain, eating the right foods.

Give me the truth of how long it took for the swelling to go down?  I expect swelling for 6 months but I am hoping it will be minimal swelling and not like this.  I can't even wear shoes.

Danielle H.
on 3/26/09 6:35 am - Atlanta, GA
Hey Kelly - I sympathize - my belly button's leaked for about a week or two and I just had to change out the pads on it.  I was told not to put anything in it but just to cover it and keep it dry.  It finally has eased up and then today started again - after I didn't wear the binder for about 12 hours...oh well, its a process right!

I am a month out and still have swelling, I've heard 3months to a year...but hopefully most people's subsides by 3 months at least to the bearable stage.  I've been really lucky and don't have too much, but boy it is miserable some days too.

High Weight 260, Surgery Weight 218,  Lowest Weight 156, CURRENT WEIGHT 177, Goal Weight 140

Breast Lift /Back Lipo 10/2008
LBL (Belt Lipectomy with Fluer de lis cut TT) 2/27/09
www.advancedobesitysurgery.com (Dr. Dennis Smith)
www.gaplasticsurgery.com (Dr. Sheldon Lincenberg)

BigCityGirl
on 3/26/09 7:48 am - San Diego, CA
The truth varies depending on the patient.  After my LBL my swelling was about 90% gone after six weeks and totally resolved at three months.  My brachioplasty and boobs - maybe a few weeks of swelling and my face maybe 10 days tops.
Surgeon: Joseph Grzeskiewicz, M.D., F.A.C.S.
La Jolla Cosmetic Surgery Centre
Redhaired
on 3/26/09 10:22 pm - Mouseville, FL
I had some leaking from my back incision (butt lift) for a couple of weeks.  I developed a seroma on one side (and they opened it up)  and then a stitch abcess on the other side.  None of it was painful I was just careful to keep a sanitary napkin over the holes and it soon got better.

The swelling will get better.  But, it will come and go for some time.  Be sure to keep your feet elevated as best you can.

Red

Most Active