Seroma in mons area after panni/hernia repair?

Jeni
on 3/26/09 7:39 pm - Port Hueneme, CA
I've already had one seroma and just had that drain removed a couple days ago but now I'm feel more swelling and my mons, mostly one side, is super swollen. Can you get a seroma in the mons area?

I'm five weeks out and had 12lbs removed.

Stop telling God how big your storm is and starting telling your storm how big your God is!

Redhaired
on 3/26/09 10:16 pm - Mouseville, FL
I think you can get a seroma anywhere.  I hope this resolves itself soon for you.

Red

Danielle H.
on 3/27/09 12:22 am - Atlanta, GA
Definitely call your surgeon and ask them if they want to check you out. Its nothing to play around with!

High Weight 260, Surgery Weight 218,  Lowest Weight 156, CURRENT WEIGHT 177, Goal Weight 140

Breast Lift /Back Lipo 10/2008
LBL (Belt Lipectomy with Fluer de lis cut TT) 2/27/09
www.advancedobesitysurgery.com (Dr. Dennis Smith)
www.gaplasticsurgery.com (Dr. Sheldon Lincenberg)

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 3/27/09 1:12 am - OH
Yeah, you can get a seroma anywhere under, or adjacent to, an incision.  When I had my mons lift, I had a huge seroma right above the mons that had to be drained twice a week for several weeks and then ocne a week for a couple more weeks.  Definitely call your surgeon, though, and have him/her look at it, because since you just had your drain removed it may just be normal and expected swelling and not really a seroma.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

cleos_mom
on 3/27/09 4:21 am - phila., PA
yes you can , that is where I had it. I had my seroma's drained 3 different times . I am 3 months out and still swollen, I went to see PS yesterday and he said it is normal. I look like the Ken doll or like I have a male athletic supporter on, but then agin my belly is so flat and it goes in so maybe that is why the mons looks like it sticks out so much
Jeni
on 3/27/09 7:14 am - Port Hueneme, CA
Thanks for all the replies! I did call the doctor last night and he said he thinks for sure I have another seroma. I am going to meeting him at the hospital today to have another drain put it.

This will be number six! Ugh!

Stop telling God how big your storm is and starting telling your storm how big your God is!

Most Active