Wound healing?

JulieIND
on 3/29/09 5:59 am - Indianapolis, IN
I had a TT 11 days ago and the one end of my incision on my left hip had some scabbing that fell off and it bled for a few minutes.  Could this be a sign that it's not healing right?  I know I'm probably just being paranoid, but I didn't want to call the doctor on a weekend, seeing it's not really an emergency.

Thanks  
Susan S.
on 3/29/09 8:39 am - Roselle, NJ
 You're healing......it's normal.....keep it soft - ointment is best - cream is ok - keeping things moist will help minimize any scarring.......but it's perfectly normal.    Susan
Obesity Help Support Group Leader - The Woman Warrior
286/170/131 (starting/goal/current)
LBL - 10-30-08, brachioplasty/augmentation 2-26-09, medial thigh lift 3-16-09
Plastics - Dr. Joseph Fodero

286/170/140/131 (starting weight/goal/surgeons goal/current)

LBL 10-30-08 - Joseph Fodero
Brachioplasty/Breast Augmentation - 2=24-09

Danielle H.
on 3/30/09 12:09 am - Atlanta, GA
Absolutely normal, I had a few stitches pop out and when I cut the top off it I had some bleeding...susan is right just put some neosporin on it and cover with a bandaid and you'll be fine.  If it does stop bleeding then call you dr, but a little is fine...its just not totally healed yet and it does take time.  There's always a few stubborn spots and the hips are usually the tighest, so they are the trouble areas.

High Weight 260, Surgery Weight 218,  Lowest Weight 156, CURRENT WEIGHT 177, Goal Weight 140

Breast Lift /Back Lipo 10/2008
LBL (Belt Lipectomy with Fluer de lis cut TT) 2/27/09
www.advancedobesitysurgery.com (Dr. Dennis Smith)
www.gaplasticsurgery.com (Dr. Sheldon Lincenberg)

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 3/30/09 12:24 am - OH
As long as the area doesn't look bright red and inflamed (infection), and does not start turning dark (necrosis), you are fine.  It's pretty common to have things like that, especially at the very end of an incision line.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

JulieIND
on 3/30/09 1:22 am - Indianapolis, IN
Thanks, everyone, for the great replies!  I know I'm probably just totally paranoid, but I feel better when I get some words of advice from some people who have been there, done that!  I keep telling my husband that I think I've read way too much on here and Makemeheal.com.  lol

Thanks again! 
Most Active