Hi! Came home Tuesday!

whisperingliz
on 3/29/09 3:40 pm - paramount, CA
Yep, they sent me home 1 1/2 after brachio and abdominalplasty. I was sooooo out of it, that yesterday I wondered how the heck i even got home. Crazy!

Well, doc called me and let me know that they had taken 20 lbs of fat an skin from me. That was a shocker!  Just from that i'm expecting at least a pant size down.

I havn't seen my tummy yet, too scared to move/remove anything. I can't stand these drains (4 of 'em in my pubic area), hopefully they'll come out soon!

I have yet to see the doctor, but he did say over the phone that my arms came out very good. I have seen my arms, and well, they are not as i expected, but i'm hoping they'll eventually even out. I know it's toooooooooo early to even know the final results. My arms feel very tight, and sometimes I feel them extremely hot (hoping that normal?). 

All in all, yes, it's painful, but i know in the long run it will be totally worth it.

You guys are great, thanks for always answering my questions!
Susan S.
on 3/29/09 10:03 pm - Roselle, NJ
 Congrats on getting it done and now you need to rest and let things settle........20 pounds is amazing!!!!  The drains are a pain (I still have mine a good week longer than I expected (medial thigh lift), but they are doing a very important job - so love those drains!!!!.   Do not be concerned about how things look now......swelling post op is a huge issue and you won't be able to judge results for a while.........welcome home.     Can't wait to see pictures!    Susan
Obesity Help Support Group Leader - The Woman Warrior
286/170/131 (starting/goal/current)
LBL - 10-30-08, brachioplasty/augmentation 2-26-09, medial thigh lift 3-16-09
Plastics - Dr. Joseph Fodero

286/170/140/131 (starting weight/goal/surgeons goal/current)

LBL 10-30-08 - Joseph Fodero
Brachioplasty/Breast Augmentation - 2=24-09

Angensam
on 3/29/09 11:46 pm - Atlanta, GA
Welcome home! Don't be too concerned over your arms. Mine took about a year to look 'normal' and about 3 years before the scar faded enough for my satisfaction.

I'm ten days post op from an LBL and TL and I have 4 drains that keep chugging out the fluid. I am really hoping he'll take them out Friday, but I'm trying to be prepared that he may just keep them in. They don't hurt, but I can't hide them under clothes. Just make sure you milk and empty them at least 3 times per day.

Feel better!

Regina

Almost to goal!
Regina

Brandi7920
on 3/30/09 12:11 am - Nashville, TN
Welcome home! :)

Now all you need to focus on is rest, relaxing and getting your protein in. I'm very curious to see your results - 20 lbs of skin removed - sounds like what I may have removed. 

I wish you a speedy and uneventful recovery.

/hugs 
RNY 02/16/04
LBL, MTL, Lipo 06/04/09
351lb to 170lb
Danielle H.
on 3/30/09 12:26 am - Atlanta, GA
20 lbs is amazing!!!  My dr only took 7 lbs and I've already dropped 1 size, so I can imagine you may end up 2-3 sizes smaller.  Just wait for the swelling to go down, don't try on stuff right now!

Hang in there, it does get easier every day and you're doing great.  The drains are important and usual guidelines are that they come out when they drain less than 30 cc's in a 24 hr period...

They do keep you from swelling worse, so if they are doing their job, leave them in!

High Weight 260, Surgery Weight 218,  Lowest Weight 156, CURRENT WEIGHT 177, Goal Weight 140

Breast Lift /Back Lipo 10/2008
LBL (Belt Lipectomy with Fluer de lis cut TT) 2/27/09
www.advancedobesitysurgery.com (Dr. Dennis Smith)
www.gaplasticsurgery.com (Dr. Sheldon Lincenberg)

BigCityGirl
on 3/30/09 1:16 am - San Diego, CA
Glad everything worked out great.  Congratulations!
Surgeon: Joseph Grzeskiewicz, M.D., F.A.C.S.
La Jolla Cosmetic Surgery Centre
happy girl
on 3/30/09 2:50 am
I am glad to see you posting!  20#'s is awesome.  Continued good healing to you.  Can't wait to see photo's

2003 RNY, 2007 Revision Distal RNY
April 17, 2009 ~ fleur de lis TT w/Muscle Repair, Medial Thigh Lift, Ventral Hernia Repair 

(deactivated member)
on 3/30/09 3:09 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
Congrats on the success of your surgery...... 20 lbs off is awesome!!
I'm like you, I don't like looking at raw incisions...I have not looked at my arms yet (day 4 post-op today).  I'll look tomorrow when the Dr unwraps everything, unless I get brave and take a shower later today.......(I REALLY want to take a shower!).

Hope your healing goes well.  Time for me to log off and take pain killers.
Have a good day
Ruth
Melissa M.
on 4/1/09 2:33 am - Seabrook, TX

Bet you can't believe it was  20 pounds can you??!!  That's awesome.  I bet your are going to be amazed at the number of sizes you come down.  I hope you have a smooth recovery.  I'm sure it will all be worth it in the end!  (That's what I'm gonna tell myself when it's my turn!)

Melissa

(deactivated member)
on 4/7/09 10:20 pm
Most Active