Sharp stabbing pains???

boomer65
on 3/30/09 3:19 am
I'm about 10 weeks post TT with a BL/BA.  I'm starting to get the sharp stabbing pains in my breasts, but only on my right side.  After 10 weeks I STILL have no sensation on my left side and my breast is still swollen and the implant is riding a little high.

Question for those further out than me with a BL/BA, how long before you got sensation back in both sides and the swelling was resolved on both sides.  I'm starting to get a little concerned cuz they don't look the same to me.  Of course I'm not a surgeon and when I see him next week for my 3 month follow-up he may be thrilled..... I'm not ecstatic at this point about the left side.  Everything else is great - TT looks wonderful and my right one looks fabulous!

Any words of wisdom?

Franci

(deactivated member)
on 3/30/09 3:32 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
Hi Franci,
I had a Breast Reduction and Lift (no augmentation).
It took about 3 months for all the swelling to go away and for the sharp twinges to stop.  My surgeon said the sharp twinges was part of the healing process...the nerves reconnecting can cause the sharp pains.  Of course the pains come suddenly and go quickly.  If you are having pain that lasts more than a couple seconds I'd call the surgeon and let him know just so you can have peace of mind.

Hope you feel better soon!
Ruth

boomer65
on 3/30/09 6:21 am
Ruth,

That's what I heard about the sharp pains and you're right they come and go suddenly.  At this point, I'm hoping for them on the left side, cuz nothing's happening on that side....

I see my PS next week.

Thanks,
Franci

(deactivated member)
on 3/30/09 6:32 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
My PS suggested massaging the breast at about the 10 day or 2 week post op time.  He said it helps to stimulate blood flow and helps with the nerve repair.....give it a try if not doing it already.  :-)
Most Active