keep those before pics!!!

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 3/30/09 1:07 am - OH
I've been a bit discouraged waiting for this giant crater in my belly to heal up (necrosis after reverse TT) but during my appointment with my PS last week he said something about even the open wound was still an improvement over how I looked when I first came to him (he did a mons lift, a brachioplasty, and the TT).  I agreed but only half-heartedly (since I was still staring down at the exposed "crater").  Then his receptionist gave me a photo that had small images that he took the first time I saw him -- front and side views of knees to boobs and one of my arms with the batwings. 

Ok, so this crater is a PITA, but he's right... even with it, I look better than I did before!  I remembered how big the batwings were and how tiny (if somewhat lacking in muscle-definition) my arms look now.  I even remembered the excess skin across my ribs (where the crater now resides).  I had forgotten, however, how HUGE my mons area was (made to look even worse because I had a previous panni removal (and that surgeon -- different one -- refused to do the mons even though I was willing to pay for it!!)). 

Overall, the difference in my before and after -- SO much wrinky, jiggly skin removed from arms and torso -- is amazing (to me at least).  No, I don't look like a supermodel... no, I don't look like I would have if I had never been 300+ pounds and lost 180 pounds... heck, I don't even look as good as many of the PS pics I've seen posted here... but compared to how I looked last summer, I look MAHHHH-VELOUS.... LOL!

Still, I prefer the view with the clothes ON.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

BigCityGirl
on 3/30/09 1:21 am - San Diego, CA
Cheer up, even super models don't look that great naked without all the air brushing and photo reworking!  The best thing to do when you're in that "I have an ugly body" mood is to look at your before photos when you weighed over 300 pounds - not's that's something to smile about
Surgeon: Joseph Grzeskiewicz, M.D., F.A.C.S.
La Jolla Cosmetic Surgery Centre
Angensam
on 3/30/09 2:04 am - Atlanta, GA
Lora:

The morning of my surgery I was so nervous and even questioning if I wanted to do this and then I saw my 'before' photos sitting on the table. I was shocked at those photos even as I stood there wearing that body. That gave me the conviction I needed to go into my surgery without being afraid.

Those 'before' pictures are great tools for all of us to use.

Regina

Almost to goal!
Regina

(deactivated member)
on 3/30/09 3:20 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
I took a couple of "before" pictures for my recent arm lift surgery.  This was the first time I took any pictures of myself without clothes.  I was HORRIFIED at what I saw.  It has motivated me even more to drop that last 15 lbs and to resume my workouts as soon as the Dr says I can.

I'm trying to be realistic about what my "after" pictures should look like.....sure I'd like to look like I did when I was 22 and in a size 4 but that is not a realistic goal for me at this stage in my life......I also realized that since I did do so much weight lifting and exercise to lose my weight,  that my weight will be higher due to muscle so I'm just trying to focus on being healthy, how I feel and how I look in my clothing.

Hang in there and have a great day!
Ruth
akers123
on 3/31/09 3:02 am - Charlotte Hall, MD
Lora in a few months you will be even more pleased.  Hang in there.
Kristi Akers
Gastric Bypass - Feb 6, 2004
Lower Body Lift - Feb 25, 2009
Breast Lift/Lipo - Dec 7, 2009
Upper Body Lift/Arms - Feb 23, 2011

DeniseV
on 4/4/09 3:57 am - NH
((LORA))

Girl, you are amazing. You have such a positive attitude and you have been through so much!!! Girl, you an inspiration...you really are.

It takes posts like yours, and attitudes such as the one that you possess, for ME to keep things in presective. I had complicatioins, too...and I *****ed, moaned and cried the entire time. You were always there, encouraging me along all the while going though your own serious issues. You amaze me, Lora!

You rock, girl. I hope your path continues to go in a positive direction and the complications stay behind you. You deserve the best.

Hugs,
Denise
*Lap RNY on 8/11/04
**Highest/day of surgery/current**
       268 lbs/ 232 lbs / 109 lbs! 
Plastics (Belt-lipectomy (LBL) and Medial Thigh Lift scheduled for 2/2/09.

(deactivated member)
on 4/7/09 10:15 pm
Most Active