Post Surgery constipation

(deactivated member)
on 3/30/09 3:57 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
Ok, it's been 5 days and I'm really getting uncomfortable!
Anyone have any good home remedies????
Thanks!
BigCityGirl
on 3/30/09 4:20 am - San Diego, CA
Laxative tea - called Smooth Move - it has senna leaf as the active ingredient.  Works great.
Surgeon: Joseph Grzeskiewicz, M.D., F.A.C.S.
La Jolla Cosmetic Surgery Centre
(deactivated member)
on 3/30/09 4:28 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
Thanks for the tip, I'll try to get some later or tomorrow.  In the meantime I just had a small amount of oatmeal and added 2 tsps of flaxseed oil....hoping that might help get things moving.   UGH
Loris
on 3/30/09 4:33 am - Midlothian, VA
I have used glycerin suppositories to get me started.  Loris

Loris  344/119@ 5'2" Below Goal                    
                                     Lower body lift  10/17/2007
                                     Upper body lift     1/23/2008

Angensam
on 3/30/09 4:39 am - Atlanta, GA
Fresh pinapple and over the counter Miralax. The pinapple is a 2 for 1. It moves things along and helps with the swelling.

Good luck!

Almost to goal!
Regina

Danielle H.
on 3/30/09 5:20 am - Atlanta, GA
Oh sorry, you must have missed the posts about pain meds - try colace twice a day and miralax to get things moving...they both work wonders. I'd stay on both til you get regular or at least come off the pain meds.

Good luck!

High Weight 260, Surgery Weight 218,  Lowest Weight 156, CURRENT WEIGHT 177, Goal Weight 140

Breast Lift /Back Lipo 10/2008
LBL (Belt Lipectomy with Fluer de lis cut TT) 2/27/09
www.advancedobesitysurgery.com (Dr. Dennis Smith)
www.gaplasticsurgery.com (Dr. Sheldon Lincenberg)

(deactivated member)
on 3/30/09 6:30 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
Thanks all!
Matthew is on his way here and will stop at the store for supplies. 
Hopefully things will start moving.....

Susan S.
on 3/30/09 6:48 am - Roselle, NJ
Ruth  - I've gotten into trouble twice since my second and third procedures - the pain meds really slow down bowel motility and I was in agony on day five - ducolax suppostories and then ducolax oral got things moving - but again this weekend I had trouble.....as I had stopped taking.....because things were moving.    Both times I had to stop the pain meds until I got moving again and I did not want to do that!  So - it's good you're going to take something this time.    I had such trouble after my brachio I took oral ducolax the day after my thigh lift - and I do not like to take drugs anymore......I was using high fiber foods and fiber supplements - but with a slowed down motility issue - all it did was fill me up - don't let it go another day!  I had 20 people testing and calling me - did you p__p yet?!??!   Take care....: )   Susan
Obesity Help Support Group Leader - The Woman Warrior
286/170/131 (starting/goal/current)
LBL - 10-30-08, brachioplasty/augmentation 2-26-09, medial thigh lift 3-16-09
Plastics - Dr. Joseph Fodero

286/170/140/131 (starting weight/goal/surgeons goal/current)

LBL 10-30-08 - Joseph Fodero
Brachioplasty/Breast Augmentation - 2=24-09

H.A.L.A B.
on 3/30/09 8:52 am
I always do, if needed, purified warm water high enema - make sure the water is pure or purified, warm with addition of apple cider vinegar.  gets things moving, makes it easy without cramps or stimulation.  introduces liquid into a colon, making the BM easy on the system. 
the typical fleet enema has too many chemicals and may cause some problem, but using a good enema bag, warm water, + tsp Epsom salt, and vinegar 9for a slight acidity) is a God sent solution.  (mentioned in a Bible...). then - once you have the movement - make sure you add the stool softeners, etc.

I have BM every day - if I do not - due to stress or dehydration (not enough water) or low volume (not enough food and or fiber) then I make sure I get things going - at least every 48 hrs.  Avoiding constipation is a must - making sure everything moves as it suppose to - shall help with healing, good well being, clear heal and skin.  making sure you have daily BM - will limit the smell and gas volume and intensity.  Adding flax to your diet will not only add the fiber but also the healthy fat that will help.

For google "high enema" 
http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&aq=h0&oq=hig h%20enem&ie=UTF-8&rlz=1T4GGLL_en&q=high+enema

http://www.tuberose.com/Colon_Health.html 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

(deactivated member)
on 3/30/09 8:58 am - Los Angeles, CA
Miralax, just get that in your fluids.

If it's an "emergency", an enema DOES work!
Most Active