POLL...Petite Jeans after TT and BL

CrabbyScrabby
on 3/31/09 10:58 pm
Six weeks out from surgery and feeling great.  Have gone from a size 14 to a size 10.  Don't want to spend much money on new pants because I know I'm still swollen, but I need to buy at least one pair of jeans that FIT.  I have bought three pairs at Old Navy (because they were only $19) and they just don't seem to fit right.  They were my favorites prior to surgery.  Now, the 10s keep sliding down (which drives my CRAZY) and the 8s are too tight.  UGH.  Anyone have any other brands, that come in petite, that you had success with after your new body?

Thanks!
(deactivated member)
on 3/31/09 11:44 pm - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
Lee Riders Relaxed Fit  seem to fit me best right now....they have a stretch were I need it and fit nicely in the waist....I think they only cost about $19.00 and I even saw the same ones at Walmart a few weeks ago and they were $16.99. 

Happy shopping......
Let us know if you find a good fitting pair.
Ruth
Lorraine22
on 4/1/09 12:02 am
LOL ...I cant wait to have that problem!! My surgery is in 6 days..Its so inspiring to read posts like yours! Congrats!!!   Lorraine
kimtindall
on 4/1/09 12:30 am - Jacksonville, FL
I am now wearing the Faded Glory Stretch pants from Walmart since I am still swollen.  I wore a size 10 prior to the TT and now am in a 6-8.

Kim 

AbidinginHIM
on 4/1/09 1:54 am, edited 4/1/09 1:54 am - Ontario, CA
I really like the Essential Jean from the Gap.  I found that some pants really slid own post LBL because my thighs were still full and had lots of loose skin, and that pulled my pants down.  I looked for pants with fuller thighs - either wide leg or trouser style to help with this.  I had been a 12 before the lbl, and a 6-8 after.  Following the thigh lift, I am now a 4-6 depending on the cut/style.  My calves are still very large, so no skinny jeans for me, but at least my pants are not being pulled down all the time!

HTH,

Jennie

31 lbs lost before surgery
musicorrie
on 4/2/09 3:42 am - Houston, TX
Yeah, I love those Gap jeans as well.  I'm pre-plastics, but my thigh are a lot fuller than anywhere else on my body, so the Old Navy jeans just slid off my butt all day.  SOOO annoying.  Gap is more expensive, but their jeans are much better made.

To AbidinginHIM, WOW, that's a huge difference in sizes!  Is there anything you can do about the calves (lipo?), or are you happy enough as is?

Corrie
AbidinginHIM
on 4/2/09 9:34 am - Ontario, CA
 No, there is no way to do my calves at this time.  I've had a couple of PS look at them, and they feel that it isn't the lipo, but the excess skin that is the issue.  Too many nerves and vessels to remove the skin.  It did get a little bit better with the thigh lift, but they are still big.
Jennie

31 lbs lost before surgery
Melissa M.
on 4/1/09 2:38 am - Seabrook, TX
Can't wait for my surgery to be done and over with so I can have this problem.  I'm really looking forward to buying a smaller size once my panni is gone!  I'm sure finding the right fit though is probably frustrating though.  Just don't spent too much cuz you'll have to buy more in a few weeks.

Melissa
CrabbyScrabby
on 4/1/09 11:33 am
I read your post on the date of your original surgery and felt very sad for you.  Things like that happen to me ALL THE TIME!!  When is your new date?  Good Luck!!
Melissa M.
on 4/1/09 2:37 pm - Seabrook, TX

Oh gosh, don't even get me started on that!  I still to this day haven't gotten a confirmation.  I asked for a refund for the fees I paid and am looking at another option.  I don't even want to give the hospital my money after that big mess.  As soon as I know the route I'm going, I will definitely post.

Thanks for wishing me luck.  I'm gonna need it!

Melissa 

Most Active