home from PS, have a question

pauliegirl69
on 4/11/09 6:02 am - NJ
I am home from my LBL, BL And Arms. I am now 4 days out is it ok to switch from Percocet to advil, the percocet is blocking me up even with the colace and the senokot. I forgo tp ask when I was discharged and the PS office is closed right now. I don't want to cause a bleeding problem. I will post pics as soon as I am up to it.
totalfreedom
on 4/11/09 6:54 am, edited 4/11/09 6:54 am - Northern CA
Hi, I stayed on the percoset even though I was getting constipated.  It was too painful. I was on colace, too.  It didn't do any good.  I added a treatment of Milk of Magnesia for a couple of days, then things got moving wonderfully again.  (By day 5 )

I think if your pain is subsiding, you can easily switch to advil.   I switched to tylenol ( I am RNY), but frankly I stuck to the percoset for about 4 weeks.  Of course I took less and less as the days progressed.

Kelli
5' 1, 221pds to 120pds, BMI: 42.5 to 22.8, Size 22WP to 2P.  
Dr. Agha-Newport Beach, CA:  
12.29.08:TT/LBL/UTL/BL/Butt Aug!
 5.10.09: Face/Neck Lift,Implants,lipo, lower eyelids,fat transfer

gypsywoman6789
on 4/11/09 9:22 am - Hudson, NH
I am 5 days post TT, I'm allergic to most pain meds and in general don't really like to take them so I've been taking tylenol since before I left the hospital.  Today was the first day I was able to pass a bowel movement.  I take demerol at night and that's it.

If you can, I would take Tylenol rather than Advil because of the bleeding issue.  And then when you are able to get in touch with your PS on Monday ask him if Advil is ok.

Also, doesn't your PS have an afterhours number??  You shouldn't hesitate to call them after hours even if you think it is something that can wait until Monday.  They wouldn't want you to be in pain for any reason.
islander
on 4/11/09 10:09 am - Middletown, RI
My Dr. told me to use extra strength Tylenol.  I alternated with the stronger pain meds, but at the beginning did not find it all that effective.  Later on it was just Tylenold with the painkiller at night.

I took the Colace for the # of painkiller that I took & found that effective.  

O. Kufi
on 4/12/09 2:15 am
After 5 days from my LBL, BL/BA, Arm Lift and medial thigh lift I used extra strength Tylenol and marvelous Milk of Magnesia!!! It saved my life.

We love because God first loved us (1John 4:19)

Most Active