How long before you can stand upright after tt?

gypsywoman6789
on 4/13/09 1:50 am - Hudson, NH
So I just had my tt on Tuesday and I know that because everything was pulled tight that I would have to walk hunched over  for a little while, but how long?  I did not have muscles tightened.  Each day I feel like I'm a little more upright but my back hurts from walking bent over.

So just curious how long other people had to walk like our early ancestors!
Danielle H.
on 4/13/09 4:17 am - Atlanta, GA
I had a LBL and I was straight within the week, but I think its because I was sleeping flat with just pillows.  Ask your PS when you can stand upright - mine allowed stretching at 4 weeks - if you didn't have muscle tightening, I'm not sure why you couldn't stand upright really....but maybe someone in your situation will chime in.

High Weight 260, Surgery Weight 218,  Lowest Weight 156, CURRENT WEIGHT 177, Goal Weight 140

Breast Lift /Back Lipo 10/2008
LBL (Belt Lipectomy with Fluer de lis cut TT) 2/27/09
www.advancedobesitysurgery.com (Dr. Dennis Smith)
www.gaplasticsurgery.com (Dr. Sheldon Lincenberg)

cleos_mom
on 4/13/09 4:20 am - phila., PA
I know what you mean my back hurt more then my belly. I think I was ablut 2 weeks but I still wasn't completely straight, but I had the muscle tightening. I can't bend backwards at all,you can just feel it when you are standing to straight
dowseras
on 4/13/09 4:31 am - Bloomfield Hills, MI
I'm just a little over 3 weeks out and I can stand up straight now. Happened about 2 weeks out for me. It's still extemely tight though!
RNY bypass: 7/28/2005
TT: 3/19/2009

Kimberlyd64
on 4/15/09 12:29 am
i had an extended tummy tuck so it took me alittle longer. i was alittle over 2 weeks and then it was still pretty tight. most of my pain came from my lower back and was really painful. my dr said not to force it as to the result will be better.
Most Active