Plastics Outside US.....Questions.

stephaniejoy
on 4/16/09 12:21 pm - Mont Belvieu, TX
Hi...I know we have at least a few  people on our boards that have had their PS in Mexico. Anyone go anywhere other than Mexico? Brazil? How did you go about finding a surgeon? How much cheaper...once you factor in airfare and hotel was it really? I'm still losing (though hopefully not much more...I'm only 6 months out but really would kinda like to stop now I think). How long will they require my weight to be stabilized? Any regrets about going outside the US? I think I would like a tummy tuck or possibly a lower body lift and maybe a breast lift. The girls are still plenty big enough but they sure are low these days!

Stephanie H.
Yesterday I dared to struggle. Today I dare to win.
- Bernadette Devlin
Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway - Earl Nightingale
All Time High/Pre-Op/Surgery Day/
1st Goal/2nd Goal/Current

217          210          204            145       135          118
                                         GOAL!!!
April 7th 2010 - LBL/BL/BA

sablouwho
on 4/17/09 3:28 am - La La Land, CA
In a review of her PS, Siamak Agha, an OH member had the followig to say about Brazil:

"After losing almost 200 pounds I began the search for a plastic surgeon to remove the excess skin from basically every part of my body with the exception of the face and neck. I first had a consult with an extremely well known plastic surgeon from Brazil. The consult lasted about ten minutes and was very rushed to say the least. The reviews on this surgeon were mixed - some good and some not so good. Before leaving the consult, I was given a quote for basically a total body lift in the amount of $25,000. By the time I factored in the cost of flying, hotel for six weeks, and other required costs, like a charge per day to have someone available to tranport me to the doctor or shopping whether I needed them or not, the cost savings of leaving the USA were minimal."

The above review is something I saw because it is on the OH profile of the PS I'm planning on using (Siamak Agha). 

I found her comments about Brazil helpful b/c there was a time when I thought that maybe Brazil would be a good place to go.

Regardless of where (geopgraphically) PS is performed, I have began to come to the opinoin that PS, particularly post-bariatric PS, is not a commodity that can be shopped solely by price. From what I've seen, results vary greatly and are dependent upon the surgeon's technical skill and artistic vision. 
~Cindy  

Watch my first appearance on
The Doctors TV Show   (aired Dec 2008)
Plastics done by Siamak Agha, MD (lower body lift/spiral thigh lift) in Dec 2009, breast 

Cynthia's Lower Body Lift procedure by Dr. Siamak Agha
 this includes footage from my first and second appearance on The Doctors as well as footage of my actual surgery

Most Active