4 mounths out panni removal still some pain?????

DD102205
on 4/17/09 2:11 pm - MA

Hi Yall,
I have not posted in a while. I had my pnni removal on Dec 1st 08. I had trouble with some swelling before and it finally subsided last month. I still do have a little extra skin right below my breasts because the Insurance only approved the panni remval and some tightining. I am still having some pain when I sit for like an hour or more it feels more like tightining than anything. I also somtimes in the lower abs get almost like a charlie horse like you get in your leg. Does anyone else far out have had this???? Can you let me know!!
Thank Yall
Diana

RNY 10/16/2008--Panniculectomy 12/01/2008 Start--439 RNY-200--Panni 185

Shirley H.
on 4/18/09 9:16 pm - Bradenton, FL
I can not help ya with your question but I would sure like to see a photo of how your panni removed turned out cause thats what my insurance is paying for also and please please tell me is it worth to have it done? at least to get rid of the rashes and a little help to my back pain? If you don't want to post on OH would you consider sending one to my personal E-mail? I just really would like to see and compare I know no 2 people are built the same but I have a big muffin top now and I am afraid I will look horrible! My highest weight was 305 and I am now at 185. lots of loose skin!  thanks shirley
[email protected]
Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 4/18/09 10:19 pm - OH
That definitely deesn't sound right.  I am one of those people who seems to experience more pain than others with ANY kind of surgery, but my panni removal was a piece of cake... the only pain I had at all after the first 2 weeks was at the very ends of the incisions on my hips when I would twist or bend.  When you say you had some "tightening" with your surgery, are you talking muscle or skin?  If it was muscle, then what you are talking about is more like a TT, in which case tightness would defnitely be normal.  If not, you definitely need to talk to your surgeon.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

chnsuz
on 4/21/09 10:35 pm - Mt. Pleasant, MI
I had an anchor cut TT and BL on 12/19.  I think that most of the swelling is gone now.  The upper part of my abdominal incision is still sore sometimes - especially with activity and by the end of the day.  It is almost like muscle spasms sometimes.  A hot shower seems to help and sometimes I will take a darvocet at bedtime.  Not sure why it is still sore but my surgery was quite extensive and the muscles are still very tight.  
Most Active