scared - need advise and encouragement

tiamarie
on 4/18/09 2:24 pm - CA
I had my breath aug one year ago and I am very happy with the results of both TT and BA.
I had a mammogram and it came back abnormal and now I have to have a MRI --I am so very scarced and worried.......Whats going to happen?
Redhaired
on 4/18/09 2:40 pm - Mouseville, FL
I can just imagine you are very frightened. I know I would be.  Just try to relax and be positive.  I have no experience with this sort of thing but one has to wonder how scar tissue would look on the mamogram.  Perhaps that is the issue.  Please know I will be thinking of you and keeping my fingers crossed that everything is ok.

Red

ericas623
on 4/18/09 3:18 pm - Roseville, MI
Mine came back abnormal too.  I had to go back and have another, along with an ultra sound.  Mine ended up being fibroid cycts.  I guess that is common in people that were overweight.  So, I will pray that that is all it is for you as well.

Erica
(deactivated member)
on 4/19/09 5:08 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
I'm not a doctor but I'm thinking it could possibly be a small fatty tissue or something minor that was not visible previously ....buried under the larger size breast perhaps.  I'm due to have mine done next month to and wonder if things will look differently.
Don't get too worried, go for the MRI and more than likely it will turn out ok. 

gypsywoman6789
on 4/19/09 6:40 am - Hudson, NH
I am 37 years old, never had BA but had a lump in my left breast a few years ago, I think I was 33 at the time.  I was freaking out.  This was before my WLS.  So I had a mammogram done which of course came back abnormal, I had to have an ultrasound, then an MRI, then a biopsy.  I was fortunate that it turned out to be a cyst and it resolved on its own.

So hang in there, abnormal mammogram doesn't always signal the worst and I'm guessing that having BA done might contribute to that due to scar tissue.

Please keep us updated.
(deactivated member)
on 4/20/09 6:55 pm
Most Active