Medicade and Medicare for Insurance

Julie Linngren
on 4/17/09 8:53 am - Chisago City, MN
I have never posted on this board before, but I posted this question on the MN board and the suggested I  post it to this board to get further answers.

I have Medicare and Medicade for my health Insurance.  They will cover the cost of WLS all fine and well.  But thet won't cover a dime of plastics because the think all of it's cosmetic, and unecessary.  I have as of yet to hear of anyone in Minnesota in my situation to win a case against these two types of insurance. Even though they have a policy all written out stating that if you have rashes and document them for 1 one full year they would look at your case.  Or in the case of someone having too much skin causing back pain and they had documentation from more than one doctor to prove that it was interfearing with your health.  I could maybe see where they would consider the thighs or upper arms to br cosmetic.  That's ok with me.  All that I am interested in truly having done is a tummy tuck, and/or beltline  lift .  The same thing that me brother had done.  He lost weight wise before sugery 250 pounds and after plastic sugery he lost 17 poundfs of skin.  I have lost up until now 200 pounds and thinkand or feel I could easily loose 10-15 pounds of skin..
If anyone has any ideas of ways I could gey my surgery paid for I would appreciate it 

Thank You 

Julie Linngren 
Most Active