Removing drains before they are under 30 ccs a day

TheCheshireCat
on 4/21/09 7:03 am, edited 4/21/09 7:17 am
I guess I shouldn't fear seromas as much as I should infections. The port where drain 2 is coming out looks super angry and is oozing a bit more today. Plus there's a sharpish pain about an inch up from the opening. I'm keeping bacitracin on it for now and suppose to call the doc tomorrow. BTW, how do I find out what shape my microcapilliary beds are??? I've never heard of them. I had 10 lbs removed (12 inch belt) and feel like I'm doing pretty well considering. I haven't had any edema in the ankles, just thigh swelling. It's nice to hear from someone who had drains pulled despite the high ccs and lived to tell about it. (I can be so dramatic.) One spiked from 50 to 70 the other day. People say stay off your feet, don't do too much. So I cut back on my activity a little more every day. Not counting my slow daily walk around the block, if I do any less, I'd be comatose. We'll see what the PS says tomorrow. After nearly four weeks, I'm just hoping they get pulled at this point and hope for the best.... and hope I have great microcapilliary beds. :)
Susan S.
on 4/21/09 7:29 am - Roselle, NJ
 I found my high output was unrelated to how much I did - on days I didn't move (damn near lost my mind!) I put out the same as the days I worked out........but there is light at the end of the tunnel........once I had a few days under my belt sans drains - I was back in the gym and doing squats and lunges.......with clearance from the doctor of course!     I'm working out daily now again and this week will be five weeks I think..........keep us posted!   Susan
Obesity Help Support Group Leader - The Woman Warrior
286/170/131 (starting/goal/current)
LBL - 10-30-08, brachioplasty/augmentation 2-26-09, medial thigh lift 3-16-09
Plastics - Dr. Joseph Fodero

286/170/140/131 (starting weight/goal/surgeons goal/current)

LBL 10-30-08 - Joseph Fodero
Brachioplasty/Breast Augmentation - 2=24-09

gypsywoman6789
on 4/21/09 7:19 am - Hudson, NH
After reading all these posts, I'm just glad I only had my drains in for a week!  And I pulled them out myself! 
TheCheshireCat
on 4/21/09 9:52 am
Believe me, I'd love to pull them out right now! My mother has been an SICU nurse for 20 years and knows drains very well. She can't believe he's kept them in this long. She said if he doesn't pull them tomorrow she's going to do it! She can be a bit bossy when it comes to medical stuff opposing her well-earned opinion. But, I had my BL/BA and have plans on having a BL revision and brachioplasty with this PS and would really hate to be out of his good graces. Trying to be a good, though impatient, patient.
Most Active