BCBS Coverage of Excess Skin Removal

RhondaRoo
on 4/13/10 7:23 am - OH
Hey, I have BCBS MA too. Did you submit info on your own, or did you have the surgeon do it?

Do tell, as I'm looking to have surgery done in September.

RhondaRoo 256/235.5/131.8/120.0
Never, Never, Never Give Up  --Winston Churchill

Dawn the Twinsmom
on 4/13/10 10:28 pm - Worcester, MA

I first went to my PCP, and told her that I kept having rashes under my panni, that I was having back pain caused by it hanging, and it kept me from exercising to my fullest potential. I needed her to write a letter of medical necessity, and she did

Then I went to my cosmetic surgeon, and with that letter, and he submitted it witl his letter of medical necessity, and sent it off with the most embarrasing pictures ever taken of me, and was easily approved. I am currently awaiting approval of thigh lift, and I hope it goes through as easily ad the panni did.

Dawn

When we are motivated by goals that have deep meaning, by dreams that need completion, by pure love that needs expressing, then we truly live life.

teresawesley08
on 9/19/14 7:19 am

Congrats on your surgery....  Did u get your thighs done?  

jlv7188
on 12/16/14 12:57 am

is there any way I could have your doctors name. I have the rashes and all that had an apt they said they were not doing it any more to find some one else?

K. L
on 3/22/13 12:44 am
RNY on 08/20/12

Dawn, what type of information did you need to submit for the tt approval? Did they pay the whole thing? Where are you getting it done? I've gotten some pretty high price quotes in MA!

jlv7188
on 12/16/14 12:54 am

can you give me the name of the doctor please?

kidneedonor
on 4/8/10 7:03 am
BC&BS of Ma  paid for my GBS and my tummy tuck  they actually covered the panni removal and i opted for full anchor tummytuck for $3500 additional and worth every penny  I am almost 5 months post op from tummy tuck  BC&BS of Mass is amazing.. I had no problems  no denial  approval on first submission... BC&BS OF MASS ACHUSETTS ROCK !
BEST WISHES IN YOUR JOURNEY...  LOOKING FORWARD TO FOLLOWING YOU

NATALIE

Starting Wgt 238  Goal Wgt 145  Current Wgt 133
RNY 09/09/08 by Dr. Kruger
Full anchor TT on November 27, 2009 by Dr. Laurence Rheingold
Breast Reduction and Breast Lift May 24, 2010 by Dr. Laurence Rheingold

www.myspace.com/kidneedonor        
rhody
on 4/8/10 9:51 am - Warwick, RI
Panni?

So you paid $3,500 out of pocket for the anchor?  What's the difference? I'm knew to all this stuff
jenn70
on 4/8/10 9:16 am
I have BCBS of Illinois and just got my denial letter Monday for panni. I do see where  a lot of people get theirs covered.
Good luck!
Jenn
rhody
on 4/8/10 9:52 am - Warwick, RI
Thanks

Most Active