LBL first consult over!

Quillie
on 4/3/11 7:59 pm - Belgium
I had my first consult, it was very interesting though a bit short. I forgot a lot of questions I wanted to ask, but she gave me her direct number so I could call.

As it is it this part of the world, it will cost me about 100 to 200 euro. The only thing that surprised me was how long I have to stay in the hospital, between 4 and 7 nights, whenever the drains come out I can go home. She said I was likely to be closer to 4 days as I am very low risk. (good weight loss, healthy weight, no previous health problems, non smoker etc)

The only thing that is left is to schedule the surgery and go for some tests. The thing really bothering me is whether I should tell people at work and go on sick leave, or take unpaid vacation. The difference is o course a few weeks of salary, but working in a small company I'm not sure I want everybody knowing.

I am shooting for May, it will be so exciting! (and painful)
HW: 115 SW:109 GW:68

(deactivated member)
on 4/3/11 9:44 pm
I didn't want people to know I was have reconstructive/plastic surgery - but I felt I couldn't hide the fact that I did indeed have pretty extensive surgery. I decided to tell everyone I was having my hernia repaired which was true and does have similar post-op healing issues.
redbedhead
on 4/4/11 12:15 am - Colorado Springs, CO
My LBL, and Medial thigh lift  is scheduled for June.  Since I currently work in Childcare and will have lifting restricitions for 6 weeks after I go back to work (Meaning no diapering, and no lifting children) I had to tell my supervisor, But then I was so excited I told anybody that would stand still long enough to listen.  I am such an open book I have a tendency towards TMI all too often.

What you tell people, and how much you tell them ultimitly depends on how comfortable you are with people knowing your personal health information.  I know that it will be a visable change since I will end up going down 1-2 pant sizes, and don't currently wear shapewear on my lower half (Too hard to put on with my arthritis)

As far as taking sick leave or unpaid vacation, That depends on if you can afford to be without a salary for weeks.  I am not alowed to go back to work for 6 weeks, and would not be able to afford to go without a paycheck that long, so I am taking short term disability.

Anna   
RNY 10/14/08 LBL 6/14/11    135 pounds lost, after bounceback regain.  And I am OK with that.  It enabled me to have double hip double knee replacements in the 9 month periond between Oct 2011 and June 2012.  

Most Active