Compression garment

angiep1980
on 4/19/11 12:21 am - Cincinnati, OH
I am scheduled of a breast lift/aug & tummy tuck on May 11th.  I have a final consult with the surgeon next week to square away everything, but thought I would get a jump start on information about compression garments.  I am overwhelmed with what I should get.

Do you have any feedback as far as what I should get?  For breasts and tummy.  How long are these worn?  What did you use, how did it work, anything you got?

Thanks so much for any help.
(deactivated member)
on 4/19/11 12:24 am
Haven't had my surgery as of yet, but my surgeon supplies the correct garment..
Have you asked your surgeon what his plans are for the correct garment..?

cyndy
paranoidmother21
on 4/19/11 12:58 am - Lake Zurich, IL
My surgeon told me to get a front-hook sports bra in the same size I wore pre-plastics (with swelling, it would be snug), and that I might have to get one a size smaller in a few weeks, depending on healing. I got http://www.walmart.com/ip/Fruit-of-the-Loom-Women-s-Sport-Bra-2-Pack/14546868 on the recommendation of the office nurses and some people here, and they worked fine. I did not need to go down a size (which was great - as they only went down to 34, and that's what I was pre-op!

Now, with your tummy tuck, what all is involved? Mine was circumferential LBL with anchor, so they wanted me in a high-waist body briefer, and said I could get it either with a panty-cut leg or down to the thighs. Again with the Walmart, but for 4-6 weeks, if you don't need to spend ooodles of money, you don't want to. I used a Sweet Nothings high-waist panty-cut leg that I'm not finding on the website most of the time, and then after about 4 weeks, switched to a Sweet Nothings firm-control camisole I had left over from pre-plastics (holding the jiggle in) just to help keep my silicone on the vertical cut without tape.

Your surgeon may have other recommendations, so check with them first. But my surgeons said these choices were good, they were all inexpensive, and for the short time period I needed them, worked very well.
Rebecca
Circumferential LBL, anchor TT, BL/BR, brachioplasty 12-16-10 Drs. Howard and Gutowski

Thigh lift 3-24-11, Drs. Howard and Gutowski again!
Height 5' 5".  Start point 254.  DH's goal: 154.  My guess: 144.  Insurance goal: 134.  Currently bouncing around 130-135.

vanish
on 4/19/11 8:38 am - MN
Oh!  Glad to hear that, I just ordered the Walmart bra today, have surgery on Monday.

Thank you for the input!
 RNY 12/28/09 

smilin_eyes_58
on 4/19/11 10:00 am - IL
My PS provided mine it is high waisted with a zipper and hooks down each side.  Just be forwarned it is so tight I can't fasten it on my own you need someone to hellp you get them on. asked dr. today if it was supposed to be that tight and he said yes. 
Cheryl
5' 5 1/2"
HW 319/DOS 288.8/NOW 213.6/ 105.4 lostSurgery 1/21/09

NursieGirl
on 4/19/11 10:12 am
I have that walmart bra and wore it pre and post-WLS, but it fits me now and I'm not having augmentation, just lift so it will probably be too big!  Ugh, they don't make it any smaller either.  I foresee this being a problem.

paranoidmother21
on 4/20/11 1:33 am - Lake Zurich, IL
After 2 weeks, I could wear regular bras if they didn't have underwire just because of the same problem (I cried to my surgeon's office).  I wound up buying very cheap 34 band bras and taking in the back by an inch on each side (just folded it in and stitched it on the sewing machine).  Those held me until I could get into good bras again, although 32s are hard to find these days!
Rebecca
Circumferential LBL, anchor TT, BL/BR, brachioplasty 12-16-10 Drs. Howard and Gutowski

Height 5' 5".  Start point 254.  DH's goal: 154.  My guess: 144.  Insurance goal: 134.  Currently bouncing around 130-135.

NursieGirl
on 4/20/11 1:36 am
I don't have any non-underwire bras! 32's aren't too hard to find for me, but they tend to be much more expensive... Which sucks

paranoidmother21
on 4/20/11 4:28 am - Lake Zurich, IL
I hit WalMart again (it's about 3/4 mile from my house, so I walk over, sit in the cafe, shop a bit, sit in the cafe, and walk home).  They had inexpensive Hanes non-underwire for about $10.  I did have to get the 34 and take in the back a bit, but for a couple weeks until I could get into the good stuff they worked.

At this point - cute bras that FIT right out of the store, and underwires every day!  (Yeah, I'm weird like that)
Rebecca

NursieGirl
on 4/20/11 5:27 am
My surgeon just decided to do a bunch more, so now I'm not sure what I need for compression!  I'm having the breast lift (no implants), Brazilian butt-lift, liposuculpture of abdomen, love handles, and back, and muscle tightening.... that's a lot!  Like my whole body!  I'm starting to get a little overwhelmed!

Most Active