panniculectomy

dream716
on 5/3/11 11:26 am, edited 5/3/11 11:27 am
Just had my panniculectomy today, so far not bad with the pain. see results already,,,,, cool. had Great Doctors....

hop2bthin
on 5/3/11 1:00 pm - Florence, AL
This may sound like a dumb question, but what exactly is a panniculectomy ? What do you ask for when you see the plastic surgeon ?

hop2bthin

dream716
on 5/3/11 11:38 pm
http://www.parungao.com/body-contouring/panniculectomy

check out this site it explains it.... pretty much skin and fat hunging is removed

Eveningblossom
on 5/3/11 5:10 pm - Cuba City, WI
Congratulations,

I am scheduled to have mine on June 6th.

If there is any advice on what to pack for the hospital or have ready at home, please let me know.

I was banded as well.

Pat
dream716
on 5/3/11 11:39 pm
Very cool!! are you excited?. i for sure was

How long ago?

had my band in 2/09 lost 100 lbs.....
Eveningblossom
on 5/4/11 5:06 am - Cuba City, WI
Dream,

Thanks for your reply.

I was banded on Janurary 30th 2007 and lost 71 pounds as a lightweight.

My doctors are very pleased with that as a petit woman about 5 foot tall.

If you could let me know how long the intense pain lasted and what I may want to have at home or in the hospital, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you, and may you heal quickly.

Pat
Eveningblossom
dream716
on 5/4/11 5:13 am
i'm 5 6
its really not bad so far. I have some pain but the pain killers help alot. being that it was no muscles involved it makes it less painfull. i walk a little with my 2 drains and rest. i notice the more standing and walking i do i have more to drain. Dr said its good but to rest as well
Eveningblossom
on 5/4/11 7:03 am - Cuba City, WI
My biggest fear is having to step up into the truck ( Kinda high for me.) or sit down in my chair and gettting in and out of my bed.

How are you dealing with that?

Sound like you are on you way to a great recovery, wish I was already at that point.

Pat
Eveningblossom
dream716
on 5/4/11 8:02 am
i have a truck as well and its a lot easier then the car.

And as for the bed, well that is harder. right now i sleep on my back and just roll to my side to get in and out. it is tuff, but you just have to deal with it. its only a temp thing to like and feel good in  the long run.

Frank
Eveningblossom
on 5/4/11 9:29 am - Cuba City, WI
Yes, I agree and thank you for your time.

Pat
Eveningblossom
Most Active