Questions about TT????

mgb96rw99
on 5/3/11 11:34 pm - Manchester, CT
I am having my TT on June 14th.  I am just wondering what the recovery period is for this.  I am having it done by ancor cut.  I know everyone is different but any info would be appreciated.  Thank you

(deactivated member)
on 5/4/11 1:21 am
When I had my tt done I was out of work for six weeks, but I also had my breast done at the same time.  Good luck.

Sherline
mgb96rw99
on 5/4/11 1:30 am - Manchester, CT

Wow that was a long time.  I work from home so hopefully it wont be that long.  Thank you though.

Laurieostrom
on 5/4/11 8:59 am
 i had tt and ba,onapril 19...in qgony.  cant imgine going back to work qnytime soon...
Birdie
on 5/4/11 11:05 am - Gambrills, MD
I had an anchor cut extended tummy tuck and breast reduction/lift in mid-January.  I took four weeks off because I had the leave, but pain-wise I could have gone back to work after three if I had to (I have a desk job) - though energy-wise, it was nice to have that extra week off.   All in all, the recovery was much easier than I expected - I was off the pain meds after about a week, except for half a pill before bedtime through the second week.

Good luck - I'm sure you will be thrilled with your results!

Debby

thomasfirewife
on 5/4/11 11:12 am
TT scheduled for next month - dr. told me 90% chance I'd be back to work in 3 weeks but 4 weeks would be better.  However my job involves mostly desk and computer work so that could be why my time is shorter.  
Judy_in_Jville
on 5/4/11 11:38 am

Everyone is different. I had an extended tummy tuck with muscle tightening and lipo and only took off 2 weeks from work. (I have a desk job.) My last two days off, I shopped and got things ready to go back to work. Good luck to you! Just do what your body tells you!

Judy

mgb96rw99
on 5/4/11 8:23 pm - Manchester, CT
Thank you all for your input. It is amazing how everyone is different.  I hope I love the results also.  :-)

avidreader
on 5/8/11 10:33 am - Cary, NC

I had the TT with anchor and muscle tightening on April 8 - I went back to work half days after 2 weeks and went back full time last week.  I had really psyched myself up for the pain but I only took the hard stuff for 2 days and used ES Tylenol after that.  The worse part was not showering while the drains were in and being very particular about how I moved and not lifting or doing anything for the first 2 weeks.

You are right, everyone is different and I have found over the last few years I am much tougher than I ever thought - I have gone back to work within 2 weeks of my RNY, my hysterectomy with rectocele repair and my extended TT. 

To be honest, I was bored out of my mind after 2 weeks  since I could do nothing around the house bu****ch TV - talk about mind numbing!!!

Good luck!

Highest/Surgery/Current/Goal
250/241/139.5/125
I have a new philosophy, I'm only going to dread one day at a time.  Charlie Brown
Most Active