Rash/ apt with PS

jessicam
on 6/14/11 1:12 pm - Albuquerque, NM
I know this is kind of a bad thing to ask... but should I do anything to make sure my rashes are red and inflamed before my apt.  During my first consult my skin looked great and did not look like I have rash even though I have it documented by my surgen and primary.  My wls surgen and primary feel that i should have no problems getting my tt, legs/butt issues taken care of.  But when I saw the preferred doc for my insurance he said no problem with the tt but the legs and butt are concidered cosmetic and should plan on paying these out of pocket (even the insurance said it could be covered if medic needed).  Well needless to say I am getting a second opion from another PS.  I'm just worried he's not going to feel the need to get it done.  I have a history of staf infections when I get rash and have this documented.  So I guess I just feel like I need to prove that I really have bad rash and infections its so hard to know if the day I go will be a "good"  day or a "bad" one.    Any thoughts would be great. 

kkstack
on 6/17/11 1:50 am
I don't think its a bad thing to ask and am curious myself. I'm in the process of insurance approval also and would like to know how to irratate the skin. I never went to the doctor when I did get rashes because of embarrasement and now I regret it. My surgery is in a week. Insurance has denied, but trying to appeal. :o(
Most Active