what were lessons learned after surgery that u learned to prepare for another PS procedure

prek-3
on 6/30/11 7:01 am - Hollywood, FL
Interested in learning what you alll learned after your surgeries, your lessons learned.

***ESPECIALLY, If you had a few separate Plastic Surgeries, what did you do differently after your procedures?

Prek3

Nov 10,2009 I reached GOALL BYE  BYE  130 POUNDS! It wasn't about the FOOD, it was about what was eating at YOU!  Time for a Head adjustment!    **July 2011 Plastic Surgery Lower Body Lift

Exercise    is not a LUXURY!

Exercise  is a  NECESSITY

proudauntie
on 7/1/11 7:35 am - Honolulu, HI

Start taking laxatives several days before the surgery.  At first I just wanted to do my arms and a TT but once I got started I kept going.  I definitely would have done my arms and breast lift at the same time.

prek-3
on 7/2/11 1:39 am - Hollywood, FL
Hi Proudauntie,
What laxative did you take? and for how long after surgery did u continue taking them?

Nov 10,2009 I reached GOALL BYE  BYE  130 POUNDS! It wasn't about the FOOD, it was about what was eating at YOU!  Time for a Head adjustment!    **July 2011 Plastic Surgery Lower Body Lift

Laura in Texas
on 7/1/11 11:21 am
Take your pain meds on schedule to prevent serious pain (at least the first few days). If you wait until you're actually in pain, it's too late for the pain meds to work.

Laura

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

prek-3
on 7/2/11 1:55 am - Hollywood, FL
Hi Laura!
thank you so much for sharing your pictures!!!! I will be filling my scripts this Tuesday!!!!!!!!!!!
prek3

AlleeOop
on 7/1/11 11:56 am - OK
I am almost 6 wks out from innner TL (full not just groin ) and arm lift. I have learned a lot.  One of them grabber things would of been really helpful for probably any surgery. A step stool can help you get in and out of bed (I am 5'3). Its damn hard to go potty after surgery. They make these little pee cones to help, mine was called a continf? (Spanish). Compression garments can cause rashes under your pannus in the 100 degree heat. Dont have surgery in the summer if you live in the 100 degree heat. Eat extra protein to aid in healing. Dont do too much. It can cause your sutures to come open, especially at intersections. Prepare for being "out of commission" for at least 2 weeks. Personally I didnt talk to one plastic surgeon that said that they would do surgeries  (usually around 6 hours of surgeryin one round) closer together than 3 months. I would go with that. The body needs time to heal. Prepare to dress to "hide" your drains first then compression garments. Expect swelling for possibly months to come. Think about what you can wear over your new scars and what's going to hit and or rub on them. I mean bras and panties too. Memory foam is a God send to arm pit incisions (which btw sucks for shaving or deodorant). You may not be able to have sex for awhile. Depression or "buyer's remorse" is very common in the first few weeks. Ok that's all I can think of for now. Best of luck.
prek-3
on 7/2/11 1:52 am - Hollywood, FL
Hi AlleeOop!
WOW what a wealth of information you have provided me! Thank you sooooo much.
I will have my teenage neice staying with me for 2 weeks, so she will be my "grabber" during that time.
As well as tending to our 2 dogs, that are awfully demanding when I am in the house. But I no doubt will still need the "grabber", as I will be having future plasticsDec 2011= (breast lift & arm lift), summer 2012=thigh lift.

I live in south florida, but thank goodness for AIR COND ITIONING! !! I plan to mall walk early in AM or early on tredmill at gym. Just for movement to prevent clotts.

I have to be back to work by 6th week. But I definately will be off for 5 weeks. I have preset up a few things for my classroom so it will be easier for me. I may not have that 6th week to get my room done. But i am constantly doing lots of prep now. I work at a yr. round school, so my room will be used in the summer as well.

How are you feeling now being 6 weeks out? Please share.
thanks again,
prek3

zzroged
on 7/2/11 12:27 am - United Arab Emirates
Hi - I just wrote a blog about what I found useful to prepare for plastic surgery. I had a TT with muscle repair and breast lift, followed 7 weeks later with a thigh and arm lift (3 weeks out) from that.

Personally I'm glad I chose to put the surgeries that I did together (I've blogged about my journey so feel free to take a look at my blog on OH). THe thigh lift is the most difficult to recover from as far as I am concerned, the others were not too difficult at all.

Good Luck
Debbie

http://www.obesityhelp.com/member/zzroged/blog/2011/06/30/post/
 New Group : UAE_Dubai_Forum for people living in the UAE/Middle East

TT  & Breast Lift Apr 2011 - Inner Thigh Lift & Arm Lift - Jun 2011
      First - 10k Jan 2011 : First - 1/2 Marathon Feb 2011

prek-3
on 7/2/11 1:54 am - Hollywood, FL
Hi Debbie!
Saw your pictures WOW! WHich do you think required more time to heel from TT or TLift?
thank you for sharing,
prek3

zzroged
on 7/2/11 3:07 pm - United Arab Emirates
Hi the thigh lift is taking a lot longer to heal than the TT and is a more difficult recovery in my opinion.

I have incisions from my knee to top of inner thigh then along my groin (front to back) about 7 inches or so.  So the incisions are in difficult places - no matter how carefully you try and get around you are bound to put tension on some of the stitches - particularly at the T junction at the top.  I would also say that my thighs have swollen up way more than my tummy did with the TT so mobility is more uncomfortable.  It's also a delicate area in terms of keeping everything clean and dry for dressings etc

I have a slight complication with my thigh too - I have a large hematoma which has had to be drained once, and may need another drain today - so in my case my healing on one thigh has been put back a week or so compared to the other and I may need a revision to my scar as a result of this.

Having said all of the above - the results that I see are still worth it and once the swelling goes down I should have fab looking thighs and I don't regret the surgery !

Good Luck with your surgery.
Debbie

New Group : UAE_Dubai_Forum for people living in the UAE/Middle East

TT  & Breast Lift Apr 2011 - Inner Thigh Lift & Arm Lift - Jun 2011
      First - 10k Jan 2011 : First - 1/2 Marathon Feb 2011

Most Active