Lift chair

dicenut
on 7/6/11 8:55 am - HI
 I am having a LBL in six weeks, I was looking at maybe renting a lift chair, any thoughts, would be about 200 dollars. 
(deactivated member)
on 7/6/11 9:02 am

HELLO...

I have a lift chair, that was my grans, so I will let you know how it works out after, I get home from my  LBL tomorrow..I stay over night in the hospital and will be coming home sometime Friday...I will post as soon as I feel up to it...

cyndy

Jujuvee
on 7/6/11 11:16 am
My LBL is not until Novenber and Yes I will be renting one, along with a hospital bed side table that lifts up and down. I will be purchasing a shower chair and high rise commode seat.

HW 405- Pre op weight 374- Plastics weight 203 Current weight 194

Circumferential lift/Brachioplasty November 8, 2011

16.3 pounds removed.

Revisions + Thighplasty  October 23, 2012

Breast lift- Spring 2013

ericaFG
on 7/6/11 12:00 pm - Cambridge, Canada
I had a lift chair (like Cyndy, from my grampa).  I didn't have an LBL, but had an extended TT with a vertical incision. 

I liked the lift chair - it was helpful for the first few days.  Especially since I had my arms done as well - it meant I didn't have to use my arms to lift myself up out of the chair.

That being said - I most likely would have been fine without it.  Not sure I'd pay $200....
Proud Member of the Cambridge Crew!    
HW293/LW147/CW158   Height 5'9"  Working on Maintenance!
Fleur de lis TT and Brachioplasty - Oct. 19, 2010 Breast reduction and scar revision August 2, 2011

proudmomof2
on 7/6/11 12:37 pm - Eaton, OH
Yea...I'll be curious to see how everyone does if they have one.  I do have a sleep number bed and hubby and I got the split mattress and the head and feet recline so I am hoping I will be able to sleep in the bed this go around.  When I had my RNY, I had to sleep in the recliner for 2 weeks.
One-Derland - 12/10/10 
TT, Pani, Breast Lift, Implants, Hernia Repair - 09/12/11 (Dr. Eslami - LOVE her!!)                                       
Laura in Texas
on 7/6/11 1:27 pm
I think it would be well worth it, especially if you do not have an adjustable bed or someone with you 24/7 the first week. I am thankful that my mom has an adjustable bed. I haven't needed any help getting in and out of bed, which has been nice. I am 8 days out from having my lbl and still need help getting in and out of a regular recliner. The tolet riser had been nice, but I haven't needed a seat for the shower.

Laura

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

scrappylove
on 7/6/11 9:09 pm
I wanted to get a riser recliner but couldn't find a place to rent one. So I have a reg recliner and i didn't sit in it for the first few days- too deep to get out of.. I mostly sat on the sofa with a stool under my legs or was in bed propped with pillows. I'm over 2 weeks out and I can sit up in the recliner with a pillow and I can get around much better. I don't need help to get up anymore.
onederland 09-12-09, 100 lb lost 01-16-10 
1st goal 150 05/26/10. LBL 06-20-11

cyndi U.
on 7/6/11 9:21 pm - forney, TX
I didn't have one.  It would have been nice tho, hubby kept having to help me up & down....just too painful on my own.  Poor hubby, I guess he was just my cheap version of a lift chair!  Worked out pretty good tho!

Cyndi U
Gastric Bypass, Dr. Daniel Jones, Dallas, 2003
LBL, Lipo, Butt Aug, Full Thigh Lift, hernia repair - 5/5/11, Baylor Houston Residency Program - Dr. Echo & Dr. Bullocks
BL/BA, brachioplasty - 8/26/11, Baylor Houston Residency Program - Dr. Lee & Dr. Bullocks

redbedhead
on 7/6/11 10:45 pm - Colorado Springs, CO
I have one.  It was my grandfathers.  It was WONDERFUL!  It was really helpful to stand up with, and I slept in in it also for 2 weeks ****il all the drains came out.)  In bed I am an active sleeper, so Active that I often go to sleep with my head at the head of the bed on the left side, and wake up with my head at the right FOOT of the bed. However, laying on the drain tubes(and getting them kinked up), and turning over hurt SO BAD when I tried to sleep in the bed, I would come awake  needing a pain pill but it would be hours until I could have one, so then I would be unable to go back to sleep.  Sleeping in the recliner I could not flip and flop around, and never laid on the drian tubes.  SO I got the best sleep ever those 2 weeks.

I say if you can afford to rent one, DO it!  you will not regreat it!

Anna   
RNY 10/14/08 LBL 6/14/11    135 pounds lost, after bounceback regain.  And I am OK with that.  It enabled me to have double hip double knee replacements in the 9 month periond between Oct 2011 and June 2012.  

sonnieN
on 7/6/11 11:39 pm - grand rapids, MI
I borrowed one from my friends. It was nice to have but a pain to sleep in. Borrowed a regular recliner from my uncle to sleep in and that lasted only a couple of days. Don't think I would have paid $200 for a lift chair as it wasn't that great. I found sleeping on the couch w/ pillows behind my back and under my legs was the best for me. I never used the toilet seat raiser (but I'm short so that made it worse). The shower chair was a life saver for me. I had an issue w/ passing out in the hospital. Once I came home and tried to take my first shower I again started to pass out. If I hadn't been sitting in the chair my mom & I would have had a lot of trouble. After the first shower I didn't really use it to sit in but was nice knowing it was there if there was any problem. Also I put my shampoo and stuff on the chair as it wasn't as low as the edges of the tub or high up like the shower caddy.
Most Active