When is the right time

kenhud1
on 7/12/11 10:09 pm - Houston, TX
How far from surgery is appropriate to consider plastics? I think I'm still too early since I am still losing although much more slowly than I have been. My RNY was about 14 months ago and I'd like to move forward as soon as it is sensible to do so.
KenHud
RNY 5/17/10 highest: 407 lb - maintaining a loss of 200+ pounds and enjoying life

(deactivated member)
on 7/13/11 6:13 am
Hi Ken..

Some have done their plastics when they saw their weight slowing waaaaaaaaaay down...but it's good to wait at least a year of no losing, and then go for it...

Hope you find your place in when to do what's right for you..!

cyndy
fort
on 7/13/11 7:20 am - fort worth, TX
I had my surgery 10/2006 and lost most of my weight withing the first 14 months and have kept it off. The only reason I waited till now to have my TT, is because I wanted one more baby. So I had her early 2010 and just finished school...So my present to myself for maintaining my weight for almost 5 years and finishing school is my TT!

So I guess you need an answer instead of my story huh? lol.............I would wait atleast 2 years after or until you maintain your weight for atleast 6 months.
helping
on 7/14/11 12:11 am
Anytime that you lose weight your skin will either form to the muscle or fail to do so. If you are losing a bunch of weight and the firming techniques are not working to tighten the muscles, that would be the best time to consider. Have you heard of a lifestyle lift? I wish you luck!
Most Active