Breast Lift Re-Do?

Mary D.
on 7/18/11 12:26 am - Richmond, VA
I had a breast lift (no implants) on 1 November 2007 with great results. Over the next 3+ years, I gained 36 pounds and have now lost 30 of it, with progress on the last 6 pounds. I've noticed that my breasts are much smaller and lighter now with the weight back off, but they are also deflated and flat again! I'm having the same issues with bra fit that I had before and I'm generally very disappointed that the lift seems to have left. 

I'm going to call the plastic surgeon again and see what options I have besides a re-do. Has anyone else experienced this phenomenon? I wonder if it was a mistake not to get implants, but don't know if that would have prevented this. Thanks for any feedback.

Mary D. 
Pre op: 260 lbs, 5'3"
Goal reached 14 months later: 130 lbs
Regain over next 3.5 years to a high of: 166 lbs
Current weight: 135.8 lbs and heading back to 130 lbs!!

(deactivated member)
on 7/18/11 2:00 am - TX
I do have a friend who had RNY then a breast lift 18 months later. She gained some weight (a little over 25 lbs, I think) and the lift just wasn't the same anymore. So she lost the weight, went back in for implants and repair. It was all good for a few months but then there was a problem with the muscle not "falling' on one side and they had to go in and cut it. Then, she had issues with the implants slipping, and they did a surgery to tighten up the skin and created bands of scar tissue underneath her breasts to hold the implants.

Her plastic surgeon told her that her skin had just lost its resiliency and healing potential after the three surgeries, the weight loss and gain, and the problems. She looks GREAT now - but she does have scars at the TOP of her breasts from the loose skin removal that prevent her from wearing something that would show cleavage or the top portion of her breasts.

I am not saying her experience is typical because I don't know. I do know she was warned about weight regain after the plastic surgery and it happened anyway. It did not affect her upper body lift, it still looks great.
proudauntie
on 7/19/11 6:47 am - Honolulu, HI

I had a breast lift last October and even though my weight is the same I've sagged some - but it's still WAY better than what I was.  If you haven't already, you might want to go in for a bra fitting.  I went a few months ago to Nordstroms and what a difference having the right size bra makes.  

Most Active