MAKE IT STOP!

Bertrand765
on 7/22/11 6:43 am
I am two weeks post-op TT, BA...and the incisions are starting to itch! I can't stand it, it's so bad its keeping me awake at night. I just want to dig at it, but they are still so swollen and bruised. Its the worst feeling having an itch that you can't itch! Anyone run into this and find anything I can put on it that helped? I've been doing the pain-relieving Neosporin during the day, but that doesn't touch the itch. Help before I itch myself to death!!!!
Elle

(deactivated member)
on 7/22/11 7:26 am
DERMAPLAST...WORKS WONDERS.
IT COMES IN A SPRAY...HAS A NUMBING EFFECT.
prek-3
on 7/22/11 7:38 am - Hollywood, FL
Oh My GOSH!
 I feel for you I  just went through this , losing sleep for the past 4 nights.I expected to get the ITCHIES, but not to the point of anxiety at bed time. Try taking 2 Benadryl (be prepared to get drowsy) and buy a Cortizone cream.  If worse comes to worse, as it did for me, Dr. can give you a script for HYDROXYZINE HCL 25mg. tablets.     Becareful with how much tape touches your skin when changing your dressings, some people are allergic to it.    Also, becareful, can be due to pain medications (narcotics). 

Dr. felt that it could be due to antibiotic, and or the tubing from the drains. Yesterday he removed 2 more (I had 5 drains, now I have 1 left) of my drains and gave me a script like I mentioned before the HYDROXYZINE. I slept peacefully last night for 8 hours!

Don't wait, give your dr. a call,
prek3
Carmen

Nov 10,2009 I reached GOALL BYE  BYE  130 POUNDS! It wasn't about the FOOD, it was about what was eating at YOU!  Time for a Head adjustment!    **July 2011 Plastic Surgery Lower Body Lift

Exercise    is not a LUXURY!

Exercise  is a  NECESSITY

JodiLee1
on 7/22/11 7:40 am

The good news is that you're healing!!!!  You might want to check with the surgeon's office on their recommendations.  He has me putting vaseline on my suture line.  Keeping it moist with the vaseline I believe will help with the dryness.  I've had a lot of surgeries and never put anything on my suture line.  I've also never had so many sutures all at once!  I did in the past when I had my thyroid out use a good moisturizer around my suture line and that helped the itching.  Jodi

pixielee
on 7/22/11 10:07 am - Twinsburg, OH
I would definitely ask about the dermoplast.  It is what the OB had me use on my episiotomy after my son was born.  Great stuff, but ask your surgeon first!

Kate

scrappylove
on 7/22/11 2:24 pm
I too second HYDROXYZINE HCL 25mg
onederland 09-12-09, 100 lb lost 01-16-10 
1st goal 150 05/26/10. LBL 06-20-11

Most Active