Just Curious, any advice appreciated!

shayla82
on 7/31/11 2:12 am - Pratt, KS
Hello!

I know I will get the surgeons input at my consults that I have set up, but they are not until September and I am wanting to know what you may have been told. I am going to need several things done and want it done safely of course but in as few surgeries as possible. I need a :

Lower Body Lift or Tummy Tuck, I am not sure which.
Brachioplasty (sp?)
Inner Thigh Lift (not sure of the technical term)
Breast lift and Augmentation

What do you imagine the combination of surgeries could be, from either your experience or what you may have been told at your consultations.

Thank You so much for your help.

40 lbs lost Pre-Op

JodiLee1
on 7/31/11 3:06 am

I had the fleur de lis TT, hip/leg/breast lipo, breast lift and implants all at the same time outpatient and I did just fine!  I don't need my arms done.  I need my inner thighs done at some point but my surgeon doesn't like to do thighs. He said it's a hard surgery in regards to incisions falling apart, healing issues, need for revision etc.  I heard the arm surgery is bad so maybe one of the other girls who had mult surgeries at once including the arms could tell you.
My breast lift/aug hurt more than I expected at first. They are still sore 16 days out.  My TT is doing well. I have pain in my hip region and where they tightened the muscles.
I will tell you that plastics after weight loss is fabulous!!!!!!  I'm so glad I did it.  The weight loss is great but the plastics really makes you look finished!!!
Jodi

siberiancat
on 7/31/11 3:17 am - COLUMBIA CITY, IN
I had fleur de lis abdominoplasty and brachioplasty.  I needed to stay one night in acute care hospital.

The TT went from mid hip on Left across pelvis to mid hip on Right and then vertically from pubis up to between breasts.  Arm lift was from 1 inch below elbow through my armpits.

Arms healed fine.  Armpits were sore, some incision opened a little and at 2 months still hard for me to reach up really high.

TT was the most painful surgery I've ever had (This was my 5th "open belly" procedure and I've had lap procedures, too.  I do have a "open wound" from tissue necrosis.  Belly still "hurts" and has swelling.  Open wound will close in next couple of weeks.

We are all shaped differently and have different hanging skin issues.  You have to go with what works for you.

My plastic surgeon will not keep anyone under general anesthesia for more than 6 hours - so divides surgery up according to how long it takes and recovery combinations of different surgeries.

I think these 2 procedures were enough for me.  No more plastics.  I will wear clothes that cover up my butt and thighs.
 Penny
Highest Weight 255  * Wt loss includes 19 lb lost before surgery

Laura in Texas
on 7/31/11 3:18 am
I would think it would be broken up into 2, possibly 3 surgeries. A surgeon may ask which body parts bug you the most? You may want to start with that. For me, my arms bugged me the most, so I started there. Plus they were relatively inexpensive to fix. I just had lbl/bl a month ago. Next I will get breast implants and get rid of my bra bulge. I could use an inner thigh lift, but it probably will nevr happen. I can live with my thighs and am tired of having surgeries.

Laura

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

Jujuvee
on 7/31/11 5:23 am
I'm not scheduled until Novenmer so no words of wisdom but my surgeon will be doing a circumferential and brachioplasty. He said this would be done within 6 hours.

Which means surgery #2 is thighs and implants.

HW 405- Pre op weight 374- Plastics weight 203 Current weight 194

Circumferential lift/Brachioplasty November 8, 2011

16.3 pounds removed.

Revisions + Thighplasty  October 23, 2012

Breast lift- Spring 2013

NoMore B.
on 7/31/11 5:25 am
 I had the Lower Body Lift, brachio, and breast lift/aug all done at once about 3 months ago.  It was a lot to do at once, but I have help at home and wanted to just get it over with.

My surgeon wouldnt do inner thighs at the same time (a lot wont), but I'm getting ready to schedule that next.

Good luck!
(deactivated member)
on 7/31/11 5:51 am - Yorktown, VA

The different surgeons I consulted with had different preferences.  The one I ended up going with would only do my LBL (with butt augmentation) alone.  He said it is a pretty extensive surgery and can take a long time.  He was right.  I ended up staying in the hospital 2 nights due to low hemoglobin.

Next he will do my breasts and arms and inner thighs in one procedure.  I haven't decided if I want implants or just a lift and if I want to do the thighs or not.

zzroged
on 7/31/11 3:09 pm - United Arab Emirates
Hi I had a TT with muscle repair and breast lift then 7 weeks later an inner thigh lift and arm lift.  I'm now 3 months post TT and breast lift and 6 weeks post thigh/arm lift.

I was also offered the option of TT, breast lift and arm lift with thigh lift as a separate surgery, but I thought that this was too much in 1 surgery.

I've blogged about my experience with pics etc so feel free to take a look.

Good Luck
Debbie x

New Group : UAE_Dubai_Forum for people living in the UAE/Middle East

TT  & Breast Lift Apr 2011 - Inner Thigh Lift & Arm Lift - Jun 2011
      First - 10k Jan 2011 : First - 1/2 Marathon Feb 2011

Most Active