Cyndi! Re: Baylor

Laz22girl
on 8/14/11 8:55 am
Hi cyndi,

I see that you got your Plastics through Baylor.

I have a consult for a BA and TT on the 22nd.

Can you share your experience with me? My consult is with dr. Lee. I would like Dr. bullocks, because I have heard he specializes in black complexions (i am black).

Any complications? Complaints? How does after care work? I know residents only do a few months rotations. Does the actual resident do f/u or the attending doc?

Are they residents or fellows?

Thanks!
cyndi U.
on 8/14/11 11:52 am - forney, TX
They are residents.  I can't say enough GREAT things about the whole program.  My first surgery was thigh lift, hernia repair, butt aug & LBL.  Dr. Echo was the resident & Dr. Bullocks was the attending.  Dr. Bullocks is right there every step of the way except for your consultation & post op.  Dr. Echo left shortly after my 1 month post op for a fellows program in California.  He & Dr. Bullocks & Johanna are wonderful.  The price was 1/2 price of what I had been quoted by 3 surgeons here in Dallas.  My daughter also had implants w/them the week after my surgery & also had a wonderful experience.

I also went to a residency program consult here in Dallas at UTSW, but I didn't like them at all.  Prices weren't that great either.  I felt more comfortable in Houston with them that I did w/the consults I had here in Dallas.  It is to their benefit to do the best work available as this is all they have to offer as experience going into private practice.  This is a very well renowned program.I stayed overnight in Methodist hospital & will this next time also.

I have met Dr. Lee & he & Dr. Bullocks will be doing my second surgery, he is very sweet, easy to talk to & very compassionate.  My friend just got home from having her eyes done by him & looks awesome, he even called he @ home 4 days later to check on her!

You'll love them & will be in good hands.  Wish me luck on 8/26 as I'll be going for round 2!!!

Cyndi U
Gastric Bypass, Dr. Daniel Jones, Dallas, 2003
LBL, Lipo, Butt Aug, Full Thigh Lift, hernia repair - 5/5/11, Baylor Houston Residency Program - Dr. Echo & Dr. Bullocks
BL/BA, brachioplasty - 8/26/11, Baylor Houston Residency Program - Dr. Lee & Dr. Bullocks

FaithForward
on 8/15/11 5:41 am - Houston, TX
Cyndi,

Dr. Lee is doing your breast lift and implants together? 

At my consult, Dr. Lee recommended I do the lift and wait 6 months for the implant if I wanted one.  I had a photo of what I want my breasts to look like.  He said I would get the best results that way.  I believe him, but I'm like a little kid and want it right now!
But as for you, be strong and do not give up, for your work will be rewarded. ~2 Chronicles 15:7 
LilySlim Weight loss tickers 
5'6" ~ Loving a size 4 ~
Plastics Apr 17th, 2012 with Dr. Sauceda ~ BL, BA, LBL w/ flap aug & mini thigh lift!

Laz22girl
on 8/14/11 11:21 pm
Thanks so much for your positive words! I have been reading about implants and getting a little worried about going with a residency program. I am glad you had a good experience. Was your f/u pretty intense?

I was quoted a great price for the implants! I would love to do them in may for my 30th.
FaithForward
on 8/15/11 5:35 am - Houston, TX
I had a consult with Dr. Lee a few weeks ago. I was impressed with the program. It didn't feel like a residency in any way. Johanna is awesome.

I will get another consult, but I'm pretty sure I will use the Baylor program. My quote was $9900 for tummy tuck w/ lipo and a breast lift.

I am still losing and need to wait for my weight to stabilize before I do anything. Dr. Lee will not be there when I'm ready, but I'm sure the next Surgeon on rotation will be great.
But as for you, be strong and do not give up, for your work will be rewarded. ~2 Chronicles 15:7 
LilySlim Weight loss tickers 
5'6" ~ Loving a size 4 ~
Plastics Apr 17th, 2012 with Dr. Sauceda ~ BL, BA, LBL w/ flap aug & mini thigh lift!

cyndi U.
on 8/15/11 9:15 am - forney, TX
I have read that you do get the "best" results if you wait in between the lift & the implants.  I personally, do not want to go thru another surgery.  I went thru enough with these 2 surgeries.  May look at a facelift in a couple years, but not anytime soon.  Dr. Echo had done my initial consult & my first surgery, maybe that's why Dr. Lee went along with the game plan! He did say he'd have to place them over the muscle as my chest muscle was too high to place them underneath.

You'll see the same resident or Dr. Bullocks for all the followups.  Yes, the post op care was great.

Cyndi U
Gastric Bypass, Dr. Daniel Jones, Dallas, 2003
LBL, Lipo, Butt Aug, Full Thigh Lift, hernia repair - 5/5/11, Baylor Houston Residency Program - Dr. Echo & Dr. Bullocks
BL/BA, brachioplasty - 8/26/11, Baylor Houston Residency Program - Dr. Lee & Dr. Bullocks

Most Active