LBL VS. Tummy Tuck / Small thigh lift VS . large Thigh lift

sspain04
on 8/16/11 5:50 am - NC
I am planning plastics with Dr. Sauceda in Mexico next July.  I plan to have alot done at one time if money allows.  I have a couple of questions.  2 procedures I need are lower body lift and a large thigh lift.  I'm curious to know what is the main difference in the LBL and just a tummy tuck?  What about the fat on the side ...like my saddlebags.  He said he will lipo that area, but will it be better if it is with a lower body lift and not just a tummy tuck?? He said that my butt will not be lifted if I only do the tummy tuck.  Does anyone have pics of a tummy tuck and a thigh lift (but not the butt lifted)?  Also I am not sold on the large thigh lift yet.  Not so much worried about the scar, but I think I could save some money if I only got the small thigh lift.  But I am told that the small one does nothing for the back of the thighs.  Being honest, is there anyone who had a small and wish they would have gotten the large thigh lift where the scar is from knee to top??  Please excuse my language as I know it is not all technical speaking but I hope you understand what I am asking. 
Thanks for all your help!! Would love to see pics!!

redbedhead
on 8/16/11 12:20 pm - Colorado Springs, CO
I know nothing about thigh lifts (have priced them, but not made any real decisions or real research since I can't afford them yet!).  However, LBL vs TT I do.

A Tummy Tuck only does the front of your body.  The incision goes from one hip to the other.  an LBL goes 360 degrees around your body lifts the front, outer thighs, and butt a little.

THE LBL would take care of saddlebags,  TT would not unless a LOT of lipo is added and then the skin would still be there thye lipo would just make them "flappyier" (Is that a word?)

I had an LBL on June 14.  Check out my before and after picks to see the amount of skin removed from all 4 sides of my body.  I am definitly happy I did the LBL and not just a TT>

Anna   
RNY 10/14/08 LBL 6/14/11    135 pounds lost, after bounceback regain.  And I am OK with that.  It enabled me to have double hip double knee replacements in the 9 month periond between Oct 2011 and June 2012.  

fatoldbat
on 8/16/11 9:58 pm
my PS said during my consultation that i would need the lateral thigh lift (large one) because a lot of my problem area is the lower thigh which would not be helped by the mini thigh lift.  it would mean a scar to my knee but that's the one i'll get when i'm to that phase (phase 1 is tummy tuck 9/6/11)
Blessings,  J
HW 250.4/SW 238/1ST GOAL 155/2ND GOAL 150/CW 143.6
    LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat
zzroged
on 8/16/11 11:32 pm - United Arab Emirates
Hi I had a tummy tuck with muscle repair and breast lift in April this year, followed 7 weeks later by an inner thigh lift (down to knees) and an arm lift.

I have blogged about this and posted pictures on my OH blog. I'm in the process of updating my pics now that I'm 2 months post thigh lift and will post this later today.

I will say that the thigh lift is the hardest surgery to recover from, so be prepared - having said that even with the hematoma complication that I had - it's still worth it - in my opinion.

Feel free to PM me if you have more questions.
Debbie
 New Group : UAE_Dubai_Forum for people living in the UAE/Middle East

TT  & Breast Lift Apr 2011 - Inner Thigh Lift & Arm Lift - Jun 2011
      First - 10k Jan 2011 : First - 1/2 Marathon Feb 2011

siberiancat
on 8/17/11 3:02 am - COLUMBIA CITY, IN
I had a fleur de lis abdominoplasty (anchor cut).  This horizontal (from mid hip on left across front to mid hip on right) and vertical incision from pubic area to between boobs.  This is extensive surgery (often with muscle resculpting above and below belly button) and mine was quite painful.  It does allow considerable waist shaping.

Some incisions for TT are only horizontal (hip to hip) and circumferential (360 degrees).

I love my results.  My thighs (in front) were lifted and look good.  You can click on my avitar picture or my name and see before and after photos.

I don't think I will have any more plastic surgery.  I also had brachioplasty at the same time and don't want to have more surgeries or recoveries.

Keep researching.
 Penny
Highest Weight 255  * Wt loss includes 19 lb lost before surgery

Most Active