question about healing

antonietta23
on 8/18/11 6:21 am - Holbrook, MA
 i am three weeks out tommorrow.  I am still uncomfortable, but now I am having some sharp pains that come and go in my upper stomach, not horrible, I am wondering if it nerve ending repairing themselves.  I think the swelling is getting a little better.  I cannot wait till I feel myself.  I have been upping my walking and trying to build up strength. How did you feel at three weeks out.  
AZbutterfly
on 8/18/11 7:17 am - AZ
I had my surgery on Aug 3, so I am just over 2 weeks post-op. I have not  had any pain for the last week. Have you checked with your surgeons office?
antonietta23
on 8/18/11 7:51 am - Holbrook, MA
 its not really painful just think the numbness is  wearing off.  I am not worried about it I think it just healing .  I think its a good sign.  My incisions are all healed just waiting to get rid of drain.
Still Fawn
on 8/18/11 7:53 am - SIERRA MADRE, CA
What surgery did you have? I am three weeks post TT, and have had little pains along the incision, along with some itchiness.. Which the nurse at my dr has attributed to healing. I am back to normal activity mostly. Yesterday I went for a hike and took the kids to the pool, this week I have also done 6 hours of outdoor outlet shopping, travelled 250 miles round trip to pick my kids up, and went to the laurel at twice... My swelling at the end of the day still sucks though!

I am still loving life with my sleeve! Been maintaining at or below goal for over 4 years!
"People spend a lifetime searching for happiness; looking for peace. They chase idle dreams, addictions, religions, even other people, hoping to fill the emptiness that plagues them. The irony is the only place they ever needed to search was within."   - Ramona L. Anderson

antonietta23
on 8/18/11 9:22 am - Holbrook, MA
 I had a lbl with a vertical cut tt .  I have started to get more active, honestly I was feeling bad for myself and as not being active. I think its healing as well I think the numbness is leaving so thats why I feel these twinges.  I do not have any itching, knock on wood.  you are doing well.  My swelling at the end of day sucks as well.  today not as bad as yesterday. I still have a drain and my doctor said he will remove it at 4 weeks even if the out put is still not 30.  
Amy Smith
on 8/18/11 11:50 am
I am three weeks out as well and am still struggling to move.  I am still bent forward.  Part of that may be because I am infected and my abdominal incision has opened in 3 places as of today (it was only 1 place priot to today) and my belly button has a hole in the bottom.  If you push on the area under my belly button fluid comes out the little hole.  (I will admit quite gross!)

You all seem to be doing really well!  I am more concerned knowing that you have returned to full activity.  Lifting things still hurts badly.  Heck, who am I kidding sitting, standing, walking all kill.  I am back to pain meds every 4 - 6 hours around the clock.  I guess this is all due to the infection.  As you can image I still have a huge amount of swelling!
antonietta23
on 8/18/11 12:17 pm - Holbrook, MA
 we all heal at different times. I am sure still having the drain is helping me not open up.  when i had my open rny I had one area that opened up it does stink, and it takes time to heal but it does heal.  I am still sore but I can walk straight and its bearable, I am only taking tylenol since day 5 but I have a very high tolerance for pain.  In all honesty I did not have much pain with this surgery, it was more discomfort. Hope all gets better.
wings
on 8/18/11 11:32 pm - Fort Myers Beach , FL
I am just @ 3 1/2 weeks post-op from severe ventral hernia and abd muscle wall repair with panniculectomy/ anchor cutt TT. 

I am moving around & standing fairly straight.  I just get tired easy which makes me mad cause I am a get up and go person and right now my get up and go has slowed wayyyy down. 

I tend to get achey with some sharp pains in abd in late afternoon and then the swelling with achey happens at bedtime.  So I take take couple percocet maybe twice a day and I am good.  Tylenol wont kick it just yet. 

PS says I had so much work done that he is surprised I take that little of pain meds but I have never taken pain meds this long.  I am getting better a little more each day.  I just hate the swelling in the PM but its all part of the prize.  

Carla
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w6HR7lf/]
[img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/w6HR7lf/weight.png[/img]
[/url]
Most Active