What size?

Lujansgirl
on 8/24/11 11:27 pm
How do you know what size is best to go in to have a TT?  I am not the smallest I could be, but I have hit a struggle point in my weight loss.  i'm down to a size 14 (5'4") and 180lbs.  My belly is miserbly uncomfortable to carry around.  Not to mention I think I now have a hernia at the port site and one on the other side of my belly button.  I just don't know when is a good time to go get it done and when I need to just suck it up and deal with it?  When did you all go in to get yours done?  I still have 40 I still want to lose - I already lost 87 lbs.  So not sure?  What is your story?  And are you happy you did what you did? 
Kfreeman4
on 8/25/11 12:12 am
I know exactly how you feel. I didnt have a TT, just a panniculectomy(but my dr did my belly button as a perk . Im 5'3 and was at 185 the morning of surgery. I was at the same place as you...stuck at a stand still after losing 105+ lbs and have at least 30 left to go b4 I reach my FINAL GOAL. Its gonna take some soul searching and you making the final decision that will make YOU HAPPY. Of course to get advice is the best thing but make sure its what you think you need. I felt like I needed to because I was having problems accepting my new body/hard work, I still saw 280+ but was walking around with a toddler removed from my body. Pray long and hard for GOD to direct you with this next step...thats when I finally said yes im going to do it and let GOD walk me THROUGH it. Hope the info helps.

K.Free

You can take a look at my page and pics to give you an idea...

Laz22girl
on 8/25/11 12:44 am
I'm contemplating a TT.

I am where you are--5'5, 175-178 and have a play dough belly. My panni isn't large, but it's enough for me to want to remove it.

I have been at my current weight for roughly 5-6 yrs, after losing 100 pds. Over the last 2 yrs, I've come to grips with my body and the fact that I'm happy with it's current size...just not the skin.

Renee2007
on 8/25/11 1:28 am - Central, FL
 You are coming up on 4 years since having the lapband? I am assuming that date under your picture is the date of your surgery and you mentioned a port. The reality is that at this point in time you are most likely done losing. I'm not saying that to be mean but it's really not practical to think you will drop another 40 lbs. I'm not saying it can't be done but it's not likely. You would have to drastically change your diet and/or exercise routine.

Most surgeons prefer or suggest that you maintain your weight for at least 6 months before starting plastics. That way you are more likely to have stable results afterwards.

You should go in for a consultation with a plastic surgeon and let him advise you. Being the weight you are is no reason to wait to have a TT if you are wanting one. Being rid of all of the extra skin is a wonderful feeling.

Good luck to you!

Renee
 My DS   
SW/263  CW/136 GW/150

Laura in Texas
on 8/25/11 8:04 pm
Well said, Renee.

Laura

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

fatoldbat
on 8/25/11 5:08 am
i'm having my TT on 9/6.  my PS just wanted for my weight to be stable for the past 6 months.
Blessings,  J
HW 250.4/SW 238/1ST GOAL 155/2ND GOAL 150/CW 143.6
    LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat
J G.
on 8/25/11 4:25 pm
If this helps...I am about 10 lbs from my goal.  The surgeon I saw to day does a lot of TT on weight loss patients and he mentioned  that I am thinner that most that he does.
mkbeany
on 8/26/11 1:52 am
I had my surgery Monday at 188.
I have lost 167 lbs since my RNY 22 months ago.
But I had been bouncing around this weight for 6-7 months.

My surgeon felt I was ready.

And frankly I did too.

I could have taken off another 25-30 but I would have really had to make a huge effort...with further restriction of calories and increasing exercise.

I think the body finds a weight it likes. It is comfortable. I have never been thin. I was obese by age 8. So losing this much and landing here seemed right.

Surgeon removed 15 pounds on Monday. So, it will interesting to see where I land when I get rid of this bloat and fluid. It was a bloody surgery and I recvd alot of IV fluids.

I can't even get my rings on yet. I feel like a sausage!

But there are many things to consider. How long have you been at this weight? How do you feel? What does your plastic surgeon say about expectations and having surgery at this weight?

Good luck on your journey.

"And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom. " -- Anais Nin

Revised from Band to Bypass 10/26/09
High Wt 355/ Surgery Wt 343 (BMI 61) / Current Wt 190 on 3/17/12

TT/Fleur De Lis 8/22/11
Mastopexy and Brachioplasty 12/14/11
Most Active