full tummy tuck in 5 days, think a walker would help?

mom_to_4boyz
on 9/2/11 7:13 am - CA
since my husband has back problems and cant be lifting/helping me up im wondering if a walker would be a good idea. x post in main forum since im trying to get as many thoughts as possible =)

karma-4.jpg picture by keiratoutsupermomwifewomantired.jpg picture by keiratout     I'm a shorty at almost 5'3"

redbedhead
on 9/2/11 7:20 am - Colorado Springs, CO
i have a Walker (because of my arthritis) and it was a GODSEND after my LBL.  I had a stable surface to hold on to while pushing up to stand from chairs, the toilet, etc.  i also had something to hold onto when walking to make sure I did not fall when I stumbled from being :floaty" when taking the pain meds. 

It is not necessary, but it was sure helpful!

Anna   
RNY 10/14/08 LBL 6/14/11    135 pounds lost, after bounceback regain.  And I am OK with that.  It enabled me to have double hip double knee replacements in the 9 month periond between Oct 2011 and June 2012.  

mkbeany
on 9/2/11 8:41 am
I had one that I borrowed. I did not need it.
Never needed any help getting up.
I was up and down by myself from the get go.
"And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom. " -- Anais Nin

Revised from Band to Bypass 10/26/09
High Wt 355/ Surgery Wt 343 (BMI 61) / Current Wt 190 on 3/17/12

TT/Fleur De Lis 8/22/11
Mastopexy and Brachioplasty 12/14/11
siberiancat
on 9/2/11 10:37 pm - COLUMBIA CITY, IN
I didn't need one.  My legs were in good shape and I used legs to get me up and down, squatting, etc.  I did have a fleur de lis incision (horizontal and long vertical) as well as brachioplasty at the same time and I could get in and out of bed, chairs, toilet without any problems.

I am also short ( 5 ft 1/2 in) and at my goal weight.

Best wishes.
 Penny
Highest Weight 255  * Wt loss includes 19 lb lost before surgery

philliesphan
on 9/3/11 2:12 am
I borrowed one for TT/LBL with circumferential incision but didn't need it.  I know how you feel though in wanting to do everything humanly possible to prepare. You will use leg muscles a lot in the beginning ...  I used a step stool (folding ladder with 3 steps) to help get myself up off the sofa the first few days.  Good luck !!!

(-32 before RNY)                                 GOAL !

prek-3
on 9/3/11 3:05 am - Hollywood, FL
I bought one from a thrift store for $3.00! It helped me be able to bathe. I would lean over it in shower to wash my hair. And after sooooo much sitting, I would use it to hold on to to stretch and stand up right. If you can get one cheap, then its worth it.

Also a raised toliet seat helped immensly. I also bought one cheap at thrift store. Thrift stores by my moms had them  cheap and still in excellant condition. So I found it to be well worth it! As my toilet downstairs is older style and very low!!!!!!!!!!! So the raiser helped me alot!

Prek3

Nov 10,2009 I reached GOALL BYE  BYE  130 POUNDS! It wasn't about the FOOD, it was about what was eating at YOU!  Time for a Head adjustment!    **July 2011 Plastic Surgery Lower Body Lift

Exercise    is not a LUXURY!

Exercise  is a  NECESSITY

antonietta23
on 9/3/11 7:58 am - Holbrook, MA
 I never used the walker but I agree the toilet seat was a god sent.
cyndi U.
on 9/3/11 8:58 pm, edited 9/3/11 8:58 pm - forney, TX
My husband went & bought me one while we were in HOuston for the first surgery.  I couldn't have made it w/o it!  With the thights & LBL & butt aug, it helped me alot.  I only used it for about the first 3 days tho then I was fine.  I could've probably done w/o it, but it REALLY helped me alot.  We would walk down to the hotel pool in the mornings & evenings & it was good to stroll with.  I had to get out of that hotel room!  I'm just not one to sit around!  If you can borrow one or get one cheap, I'd have it handy just in case.  It helped me alot getting up & down.  I think my hubby bought mine at CVS for like $20.

Cyndi U
Gastric Bypass, Dr. Daniel Jones, Dallas, 2003
LBL, Lipo, Butt Aug, Full Thigh Lift, hernia repair - 5/5/11, Baylor Houston Residency Program - Dr. Echo & Dr. Bullocks
BL/BA, brachioplasty - 8/26/11, Baylor Houston Residency Program - Dr. Lee & Dr. Bullocks

Most Active