are "granny panties" something i will want right after tummy tuck?

mom_to_4boyz
on 9/5/11 1:53 pm - CA
im just wondering comfortwise if "granny panties" you know the high wasted ones would make me feel more comfortable after my tummy tuck or go comando? i have no problem with either option but as of now i wear low undies and i know i wont want them on my incisions, opinions?

karma-4.jpg picture by keiratoutsupermomwifewomantired.jpg picture by keiratout     I'm a shorty at almost 5'3"

Iam_with_the_Band
on 9/5/11 5:02 pm
If you have to wear a compression garment - no panties are needed - and the drains make it difficult to wear them.

I bought men's boxers to wear - where I could pull my drains through the opening in the front... BUT I had to wear my garment - so I never really used the boxers.

12/09 and 6/11, 9 skin removal procedures with Dr. Sauceda in Monterrey Mexico
Revised to the Sleeve after losing 271 lbs with the LapBand. 

Jane G.
on 9/5/11 5:17 pm - New Windsor, NY
I am 10 days out from my TT and have not put on nor have I any desire to put on panties! lol  So I guess my vote is for commando!!  I AM wearing a binder and still have 2 drains so it would be uncomfortable if not impossible to wear panties.  Actually, I have tried to go with the least amount  of clothing as possible... just trying to be as comfortable as possible in this uncomfortable phase.  One word of advice regarding clothing... get some men's A shirts! I  wear them under my binder and they serve several purposes! The shirts are snug enough and long enough to hold the gauze I lay across my incision and new belly button in place after I wash up and attempt to get the binder in place, another is that the shirt are soft and prevent scratching and rubbing from wearing the darn binder 24/7.
Good luck to you!
Jane

Jane

Jane Ganly 

antonietta23
on 9/5/11 10:11 pm - Holbrook, MA
 I went command for awhile the drains are a pain.  But I did use granny pants when I went out of the house and I bought them bigger to get around drains. i was not comfortable commando outside the house.  I do agree that I did go with the least amount of clothes at home. 
philliesphan
on 9/5/11 10:11 pm, edited 9/5/11 10:12 pm
I'm definitely in the commando camp - no undies necessary!  I wear a soft cotton tank under the binder and safety pinned the drains to an oversized T-shirt over the tank and binder - that way you always know where they are and they don't pull. 

(-32 before RNY)                                 GOAL !

mkbeany
on 9/6/11 1:37 am
Commando here!

I put on unders for the first time yesterday for pics.

I put on mens boxers to go to my dr appts. Pinned my JPs to the waist band.

Otherwise...just easier to go without...JPs pinned to the binder.

Hope to lose this last drain on Thursday, then I wanna wear some cute ones!!
"And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom. " -- Anais Nin

Revised from Band to Bypass 10/26/09
High Wt 355/ Surgery Wt 343 (BMI 61) / Current Wt 190 on 3/17/12

TT/Fleur De Lis 8/22/11
Mastopexy and Brachioplasty 12/14/11
Laura in Texas
on 9/6/11 4:52 am
After 6 weeks, my doctor said I could stop wearing the binder and wear spanx-type support wear. The legs in those drive me crazy, so I used THESE boy shorts from wal-mart (only $10) that have a lot of support. I still wear these most days to help with swelling (I'm 10 weeks out).

Laura

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

cyndi U.
on 9/6/11 9:14 pm - forney, TX
I went commando!  Girl, feels like your fighting a battle just getting to & going to the bathroom, panties would've worn me out!  Trust me, you'll forget all modesty by the time this is all over!  My drains came out on day 10 & then I could wear panties in a bigger size, with the thighs being done also, I couldn't handle any type of elastic touching them.  Good Luck!

Cyndi U
Gastric Bypass, Dr. Daniel Jones, Dallas, 2003
LBL, Lipo, Butt Aug, Full Thigh Lift, hernia repair - 5/5/11, Baylor Houston Residency Program - Dr. Echo & Dr. Bullocks
BL/BA, brachioplasty - 8/26/11, Baylor Houston Residency Program - Dr. Lee & Dr. Bullocks

Most Active