Arms???

jessicam
on 9/8/11 9:26 am - Albuquerque, NM
Hi everyone,

I had my panis removed 3 weeks ago and I love it, doing great and feeling awsome and loved my doc.  I have started talking with my plastic surgeon about my arms... they are bad.  She said that it is better to do it in two procedures and I wanted to see if anyone else has gone this way.  She would start with lipo because I still have fat in my arms (I can not get rid of the fat even with toning and weights at the gym)  that hang way low then about 4 months later do the skin removal she said it is better to do it that way because of the swelling from the lipo. Has anyone done this before?

cyndi U.
on 9/8/11 9:42 am - forney, TX
I've heard the same thing.

Cyndi U
Gastric Bypass, Dr. Daniel Jones, Dallas, 2003
LBL, Lipo, Butt Aug, Full Thigh Lift, hernia repair - 5/5/11, Baylor Houston Residency Program - Dr. Echo & Dr. Bullocks
BL/BA, brachioplasty - 8/26/11, Baylor Houston Residency Program - Dr. Lee & Dr. Bullocks

Laz22girl
on 9/8/11 10:00 am
I've never heard of this...but I just had skin, no fat.

I had my brachio a few weeks ago...and I love it! Definitely do it!
Laura in Texas
on 9/8/11 1:47 pm
I never heard that before, but it makes sense. I did not have lipo when I had my brachioplasty, but I think my surgeon does it at the same time, if lipo is done.

Laura

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

moparmemaw
on 9/9/11 9:06 am - IA
I'm having both arms done Monday.  Nothing was mentioned about lipo. My arms are horrid!  Measuring from the top of my arm to the bottom of the wing, 8.25 inches.  Yikes!!
Wanda
Some people might not support my WLS decision. 
Those people remind me of slinkys. Not good for much but it would would bring a smile to my face if someone pushed them down the stairs.

Ticker includes Pre-op weight loss 24 lb. 

jessicam
on 9/9/11 2:28 pm - Albuquerque, NM
Thanks all. Wonda good luck Monday. Keep us posted.

Lee ~
on 9/9/11 11:23 pm - CA
I had a consult with a Kaiser PS who said I needed lipo to my arms before removing the skin because I'm carrying a lot of fat in that area.  It just doesn't seem to leave my arms!  He wanted to lipo the arms and do a LBL, then the arms at a later date.

Dr. S is planning to do my arms when he does everything else.  I bet he does lipo prior to the skin removal.

Kaiser doc said that there are a lot of nerves in the upper arms and it would be safer this way.  I'm doing my best to shed fat in my arms before surgery but it's not working!

HW: 249   SW: 229 GW: 149 Age: 63 - Body by Sauceda - 12/2011

Most Active