Decision FINALLY made

aubiefan143
on 9/8/11 12:44 pm - herndon , VA
RNY on 01/26/10 with

I have been researching plastics since about the time I was getting approval for my WLS, almost 2 years ago. I have read so much about Dr. Sauceda in Mexico, have talked to several of his patients, even went to New York last month to get an in person consult and meet other patients (past and future). I have no reservations about going to Mexico and have total faith in Dr. S, but being out of town for 10 days is just not practical for me. So I also looked into other options. I met with a private practice Dr in my area (Northern Virginia....super pricy) and I also had a consult with the University of Md Plactic Surgery Resident clinic.

I need a TT or LBL, Thigh Lift, Arm Lift, and BL w/augmentation.

Dr S quoted me a little over $14,000

Private Practice was a little over $40,000

U of Md clinic was around 18,000

So I am going with the U of Md. it is a little more than going to Mexico, but the convenience is worth it for me. I am breaking it up into 2 surgeries, the first will be TT and Thigh Lift it will cost $8500.00, I only have to pay a little over $4000.00 to book the surgery and the rest is due one week before surgery.

I am so excited....I thought I would have to wait until sometime next year to get this done, but now I am looking at Dec 28!!! My next appointment will be next month to meet with the next Chief resident who would be doing my surgery. The appointment I had a couple of days ago, I was seen by the attending physician who will be overseeing my surgery.

Now to save the rest of those pennies and loose that last 5-10 lbs!!!!!

Penny
Highest weight 275 
Surgery weight 241
Goal weight 145
Current
  weight 143 (after TT and Thigh lift)   

strawberry28
on 9/8/11 10:38 pm - somewhere, MD
WoW. Sounds all very exciting.  I too am in the are and probably when to that same No. VA doctor you mention.  Yes my quote was about $40,000.

I would love to get the information you have on the U of MD program.  Have you seen any of their work, or talked to anyone who went with that program?  Who is the chief resident at MD?
That would be even closer for me. 

As of now I have LBL with butt augmentation scheduled with Dr. kaplan in Norfolk, VA (very reasonably priced) for November 10th.  (4 hour drive)

Best wishes!!

Christina
SW= 268     
CW= 145  ***GOAL REACHED on Christmas Day 2010****             
GW=145
5'6"       BMI= 23
 LapBand 3/2006 to Revision DS 12/2009
Get the FACTS about the Duodenal Switch at www.DSFACTS.com or http://www.duodenalswitch.com/

Extended Tummy Tuck, BL/BA scheduled for 11/18/11 Dr. Larry Lickstein          

aubiefan143
on 9/9/11 12:34 am - herndon , VA
RNY on 01/26/10 with

There is a new resident every 3 months I believe.....that is why I have to go in next month and that would be the same one I have surgery with in December. I am not in contact with anyone who has had surgery at this particular clinic, but I have heard feed back from people who went to other clinics who had a great experience.

http://www.umm.edu/plasticsurgery/plastic_surgeons.htm

Dr Holton is who I had my consult with and he wants me to come back next month to meet and consult with the new Chief who will be doing the surgery. Click on the Discount plastic surgery tab and it will tell you a little about the program.

There is also a program at Johns Hopkins

http://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/plastic_reconstructive_surger y/plastic_surgery/chief_resident_clinic.html

I have an appointment with them at the end of the month, but I am thinking to cancel because I just really clicked with Dr Holton.

Good luck, let me know what you decide.

Penny
Highest weight 275 
Surgery weight 241
Goal weight 145
Current

strawberry28
on 9/9/11 1:48 am - somewhere, MD
Oh my. If you decide to cancel with johns Hopkins please let me know. I just made an appt with them and can't get in until April!!
I wonder if you could ask them to give me your appt if you cancel. I also made an appt for u of md for October 4th.

Thanks for the info. Keep in touch.
SW= 268     
GW=145
5'6"       BMI= 23
Get the FACTS about the Duodenal Switch at www.DSFACTS.com or http://www.duodenalswitch.com/

aubiefan143
on 9/9/11 5:25 am - herndon , VA
RNY on 01/26/10 with
aubiefan143
on 9/9/11 5:27 am - herndon , VA
RNY on 01/26/10 with
Friend me and send me a PM with your info and I will see if they will put you in my spot. The appt is for Sep 28 @ 3:00pm...is that good for you?

Penny
Highest weight 275 
Surgery weight 241
Goal weight 145
Current

strawberry28
on 9/9/11 5:41 am - somewhere, MD
Yes that date is perfect. It is my birthday too. Thanks for the present. I'll pm you when i get to my computer. On cell now. Thanks. I Hope they will let us do that. Tell them I'm your sister in law or something. LOL
SW= 268     
GW=145
5'6"       BMI= 23

Crazeru
on 9/9/11 9:57 am
Good luck Penny!  It was nice meeting you in NYC. 

Chris
HW/225 - 5'1" ~ SW/205/after surgery 215 ~ CW/145~ BMI-25.8~Normal BMI 132 ~DS Dr Rabkin 4/17/08
Plastics in Monterrey - See Group on OH Dr Sauceda Jan 13, 2011
LBL, BL, small thigh lift, arms & a full facelift on 1/17/11
UBL 1/21/13
Love my Body by Sauceda

Most Active