Binder - How long did you have to wear it?

proudmomof2
on 9/30/11 2:54 pm - Eaton, OH
I will be 3 weeks post-op Monday (TT, pani, breast lift, implants,  hernia repair) and was wondering how long you had to wear your binder. 

I have tried the supportive underwear (if thats what you call them) that go up below your breasts but those darn things are harder than heck taking up and down all day long.  Is there anything else out that that gives you the support of the binder yet the ease of taking it off and on all day.  I will just be glad when I don't have to wear it anymore.

Just wondering...

Thanks!!1
One-Derland - 12/10/10 
TT, Pani, Breast Lift, Implants, Hernia Repair - 09/12/11 (Dr. Eslami - LOVE her!!)                                       
mkbeany
on 9/30/11 11:26 pm
Hey Girlie. I was able to ditch the binder at 3 weeks when the last drain came out.
I switched to the long line spanx thing...so happy.

I agree they are hateful. I tried many before buying.
At one point, I was so upset...I cried in the JC Penney dressing room because my belly was sore and the things were so hard to get up and down.

But I'm used to it now.
I have 5 different ones to rotate thru.
But I gotta say, my fav is the least expensive one from Target.

Look around.

They are a necessary evil. They help keep the swelling at bay and are absolutely necessary for readherence of our tissues to the underlying structures.
"And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom. " -- Anais Nin

Revised from Band to Bypass 10/26/09
High Wt 355/ Surgery Wt 343 (BMI 61) / Current Wt 190 on 3/17/12

TT/Fleur De Lis 8/22/11
Mastopexy and Brachioplasty 12/14/11
ericaFG
on 9/30/11 11:48 pm - Cambridge, Canada
I used the one from target that is a cheap knockoff of the Flexees Fat Free Dressing Cami. You can google that. It was a tank top but long, so you could just roll it up to use the washroom. I never took it off except to shower.
Proud Member of the Cambridge Crew!    
HW293/LW147/CW158   Height 5'9"  Working on Maintenance!
Fleur de lis TT and Brachioplasty - Oct. 19, 2010 Breast reduction and scar revision August 2, 2011

Laura in Texas
on 10/1/11 1:29 am
I'm 3 months out and still wear support wear to keep swelling at bay. I wear a waist nipper like THIS because the hooks make it wasy to get on and off and support panties like THESE.

Laura

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

proudmomof2
on 10/1/11 1:23 pm - Eaton, OH
Thanks ladies...I googled them and have ordered some more - hopefully I will like as well as you have. 

I have another question...how long before you wore jeans?

Thanks again!  Your help is GREATLY appreciated!
One-Derland - 12/10/10 
TT, Pani, Breast Lift, Implants, Hernia Repair - 09/12/11 (Dr. Eslami - LOVE her!!)                                       
Iam_with_the_Band
on 10/3/11 8:26 pm
Flexee's has a full body garment that is pretty inexpensive that I wore after my TT - after the 8 weeks that my doctor had me wear my compression garment.  The good thing about the flexee is that it had a snapped crotch, so once it was on - it stayed on until the night when I removed it.

12/09 and 6/11, 9 skin removal procedures with Dr. Sauceda in Monterrey Mexico
Revised to the Sleeve after losing 271 lbs with the LapBand. 

Most Active