Panniculectomy - Nov. 2 Scared & nervous...

Lorraine_Z
on 10/7/11 10:39 am - London, OH
 I guess the subject line says it all.  I'm scheduled for surgery the beginning of Nov.  I want the surgery & I know I really need it.  Lots of hang skin & fat apron.  I suppose I'm most scared of the pain afterwards.  I've got a pretty good tolerance but being cut from hip to hip & up to the breast bone has got to hurt!

Any words of wisdom? Hints? Things to have at home to make life & recovery easier.

Dr. Anne Taylor of OSU Plastic Surgery is my doctor.

Thanks,

Lorraine

(40 lbs. lost pre-op)  

D.I.E.T. = Did I Eat Thoughtfully?  

scottswife1997
on 10/7/11 8:00 pm - Ardmore, OK
Try not to let the fear overwhelm you.  I was scheduled for mine on September 23rd.  I got myself so worked up that my bp was way too high at my hospital pre-op.  They sent me to my surgeon and he put me on bp meds.  A couple of days later it was still very high.  So they postponed my surgery and asked me to see my family physician.  She changed my bp meds.  Yesterday I had my second pre-op visit and tried to relax.  My bp was AWESOME!

If you are having anxiety issues, you can discuss that with your surgeon.  I did with mine and he game me some anxiety medication.  However, when I was taking it, I felt like I was drunk- my coworkers kept saying are you feeling ok, you don't seem like yourself.  After a couple of days, I decided to get off of it.

Good Luck!  Wish you the best!
Holly

Most Active