Out 2 weeks from tt and bl. Having lots of swelling need help! What compression garment to...

kylyn
on 10/7/11 11:33 pm - pardeeville, WI
Having lots of swelling. They took out the drain about 6 days after tt and now I have drainage above pubic bone from the incision. pS started me on antibiotic, but need to know the best compression to keep the swelling down right above the mons area.
Renee2007
on 10/8/11 2:57 am - Central, FL
 Were you given a surgical binder? If not I suggest a binder for extreme swelling after that starts to subside you can step down to something more like a girdle type. I bought one made by Flexees. Elevation and ice also helped me and rest...rest ...rest. Also limit your sodium and really push your fluids.

Renee
 My DS   
SW/263  CW/136 GW/150

kylyn
on 10/8/11 3:37 am - pardeeville, WI
Yes i do have a binder but i did not know if that realy helps the mons area just above the incision line. I am trying to push fluids. I have not tried the ice yet.
fatoldbat
on 10/11/11 11:18 pm
i'm 5 weeks post tummy tuck and rotate wearing my surgical binder and my flexees (bought at kohl's).  i was put in the binder the day my drains were removed and was told to wear them 24 hrs a day...could only take it off to shower.  i wear it really low....all the way to the bend of my legs...which makes it fall about 1 1/2 - 2 inches below my incision.  it really helps with the swelling.  last friday i had a follow up with the PS and he said he wants me to wear compression for at least another 2 weeks.  i wear the flexees compression garment during the day and when i get home from work i change into my yoga pants and take off the flexees and put on my surgical binder.  i also sleep in the binder.  i do still tend to swell in the evening hours but the binder really helps.  and...when i wear the binder....i wear it pretty tight.

i also still experience a bit of draining from the center of my incision which the PS says if perfectly normal.  it looked pretty yucky for a while....kind of like an open hole....but the last couple of days is much better.  the draining is minimal...just enough that i want to have a small piece of gauze over it....and now it looks like it's healing and closing up.  the surgeon said that it needed to heal from the inside out.....and now i can see that is what's happening.  and this week it has started to itch.....and i can hear my mama inside my head saying...if it's itching it's healing!

sorry to have such a long response...but hope it helps!

best wishes to you!

jenni
Blessings,  J
HW 250.4/SW 238/1ST GOAL 155/2ND GOAL 150/CW 143.6
    LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat
Most Active