10-20-11 surgery day

Linda-K
on 10/13/11 11:27 pm - New Port Richey, FL
I'm scheduled for an extended TT w/Lipo for Thursday.  I'm excited, but also very nervous.  I'm trying to plan as my husband can only be here for the first 4 days post surgery.  My Mom will be here but she is a bit frail and I don't think she can help much except of course with moral support.

I've been considering renting a hospital bed to make me more comfortable.  (what if I couldn't get out of bed without my husband's help?? Yikes)  Also, I'm supposed to start a new job on 11-14-11 and I'm concerned that I won't be able to drive there and work full time at 2.5 weeks post surgery.

Any thoughts or ideas?  Thanks -

Before/Current/DrGoal/MyGoal      279/183/175/155
luvscessna
on 10/14/11 3:22 am, edited 10/14/11 3:24 am - Fort Worth, TX
Congratulations for you!!!!!

I am 2 weeks out from my LBL. I used my couch and my bed for my comfort. I propped up my back and put pillows under my knees to keep myself in the position that you will be in after your surgery. I had a very difficult time walking right afterwards. Hubby got me a walker and I used it for the first week, not all the time though. The only thing else that I had gotten was that I had bought a toilet seat riser. NICE!!!!!
At 1.5 weeks, I stopped pain medicine and just used tylenol for about 4 days. You will figure out ways to move around without using your "core" area. Shifting on and off the bed. It can be quite comical!
At about a week after surgery, I received a phone call from work that I had been accepted for a job promotion, the only thing was I needed to come off LOA to process paperwork to accept and sign up for schooling. They are working with me very closely and have put me on extended vacation, 1 to finish up recuperating and 2 to use up what I'll lose when I start school, as I will now be salary. For driving, I am more dependant on my mirrors as it is almost impossible to turn around and look out the rearview window.
Not sure what kind of job you will be taking. Mine is pretty physical, except my schooling will be 4 weeks of classroom training and doesn't start for another week and half. I almost didn't have my surgery, I was waiting to hear whether or not I got the promotion. I took the plunge and so far it is working for me!

This is my story. We all respond differently. I will pray for you to make the right choice for you!

Good luck!
Gail

9/2008 - Sleeve - Lost 100 lbs!
9/2011 - Lower Body Lift - Lost 8 lbs of skin and fat!

Linda-K
on 10/14/11 3:33 am - New Port Richey, FL
Thanks so much for the information Gail!  Sounds like you are doing great, I sure hope I have the same results.

My job will be a desk job and the training is on the computer.  So I *think* (hope) I can handle that; the driving is the issue as it's nearly an hour commute from my home.  All I can do is see where I am at that point I guess.

Thanks again
Linda

Before/Current/DrGoal/MyGoal      279/183/175/155
Most Active