Inner thigh lift incisions opened up..anyone else?

dutchgirl50
on 10/15/11 5:21 am - Ontario, CA
I had my inner and outer thigh lift, but lift and tummy tuck just about four weeks ago..The skin in my inner thighs apparently did not want to stretch so it split open.  I asked the doctor and he said it happen in about 2% of patients.  Of course I was one of them!  We are on our second round of spreads that we put on the large as it turns out scabs.  It is a chemical debreeder.  A tiny litle tube cost $112.00!  he tells me when these large scabs fall off and the skin is red, we will go back to the silver sulfadizde.
Has anyone else had this happen and will it ever heal!  I have to wear the compression garment now another six weeks.  plus the swelling in my lower legs and ankles is terrible so now I have to wear compression socks as I am finally getting more active..
This surgery kicked my butt!  I do not like to take pain meds, so I only took them the first week..I think being 56 it is harder, my mind may be 40 but my body knows it is 56!  But I look awesome..lol 
fatfreemama
on 10/15/11 5:35 am - San Jose, CA
The very top of one of my thigh incisions opened and the one at the tip of my butt crack from my lower back lift, but my doc has me just putting on neosporin and gauze over it. Seems to be healing well so I guess it wasn't as bad as yours.

I'm 51. The surgery really took its toll on me too. But I love my flat tummy.
Jan
Bay to Breakers 12K May 15, 2011 (1:54:40)           First 5K 5/23/11 (41:22)
Half Marathons: Napa:  7/18/10  (4:11:21)   7/17/11 (3:30:58)   7/15/12  (3:13:11.5) 

SJ Rock and Roll: 10/2/10 (3:58:22)  Run Surf City: 2/6/11 (3:19:54) 
                         Diva: 5/6/12 (3:35:00) 
HW/SW/CW  349/326/176
"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." - Albert Einstein

dutchgirl50
on 10/16/11 12:26 pm - Ontario, CA
I have the one at the butt crack also!  I guess I will try the neosporin.  I have like a hole in my hip also which I think I am going to try and "Pack", it happened once before when I had my original tummy tuck 7 years ago and we had to pack it so it healed from the inside out.
cleos_mom
on 10/16/11 7:17 am - phila., PA
I was 57 when I had my inner thighlift,.
my incision split it looked like my guts were spilling out & I am diabetic so I was very scared, i just put neosporin  an had it bandaged, it & kept it clean it took a while like about 6 weeks for it to heal, but it was still all worth it my thighs r beautiful except the healed up scar is ugly & I dont want thim to fix it cause I m afraid to go thru it again the scar is really high up on  my inner thigh
Good Luck
Susan
NoMore B.
on 10/16/11 9:10 am
 I'm 8 days out from my thigh lift, and starting to notice a bit of separation at the "T".  It's not much, probably the size of my pinky tip - but I'm worried about it getting bigger.  My incisions are also very leaky for the past few days.

The would separation also happened to me under my arms with brachioplasty I had in May.  One arm stayed a very small hole that healed in a few weeks, and the other was huge, deep, and freaked me out.  My arms healed from the inside out in time.  I kept them clean and packed with gauze.  It took probably 6 weeks for my large wound to heal, but it did eventually heal without any problems.

I've been as careful as can be with my thighs as to not put any additiona tension on the incision.  I hope what I see how is as bad as it will get, but I'm starting to worry as well.

FWIW, I'm 47
dutchgirl50
on 10/16/11 12:28 pm - Ontario, CA
How did you packed the wound, I know I had to do it a few years ago, but can't remember, did you have to use sterile gause and sterile saline water?  The hole in my hip is grossing me out?

NoMore B.
on 10/16/11 12:36 pm
 In my arm I just used sterile gauze, dry.  I had to take a big Q-tip looking thing and pack it in the hole.  It would end up soaked from the leaking I was doing.  

It totaly grossed me out, too - so much so that I had to have my PS call in some Xanax for me because I couldnt even look at it.  He tried to assure me that it looked worse than it was, that the swelling makes it look worse, and that as long as it was beefy red that was good. 
dutchgirl50
on 10/17/11 5:42 am - Ontario, CA
Sent a picture of the hole on my hip to the surgeon this morning, he wanted me to come in, he is only in the office on Mondays.  But I own a tax business and today is the last day for filing taxes!  He said by looking at the picture that there is a stitch that did not disolve.  Since my son just got his R.N., he said I could have him remove it and then start packing it with the sterile saline and gauze.
Hope my son knows what he is doing!  LOl

Most Active