when can I do it??

gee1963
on 10/26/11 2:03 am - Ankeny, IA
VSG on 02/27/13
When can I do brachioplasty? Do I have to be at goal? Ideally I want to lose 40 more. That would put me at 180 and I think I would be happy there. But my arms are driving me nuts. Has anyone had them done before goal? Are you sorry you did?

*~Gina~*HW 338 (10/2009), banded 07/22/10 298, removed 11/29/12, sleeved 2/27/13. (CW)   214 dr scale 3/19/13   

pixielee
on 10/26/11 5:56 am - Twinsburg, OH

I get my brachio next week!!!  I would have love to have done it sooner.  My PS wouldn't touch me till I was 18 months out from my RNY and at a stable weight for 6 months. I am right around 185 and my body is happy here.  She would have liked me to have lost another 15-20 pounds, but nothing I do, or don't do makes that scale budge! 

Kate

Dr_Michaels
on 10/27/11 11:49 am - MD
Congratulations on your great weight loss. For most weight loss patients, it is ideal to be at goal weight prior to body contouring surgery. That being said, you proportionately will not lose as much weght your arms than from other parts of your body. For some patients, it can be appropriate to do a brachioplasty prior to being at your goal weight. I recommend you find a plastic surgeon that is experienced performing brachioplasty for a consultation. Best of luck.
Dr. Michaels          
Board certified plastic surgeon

www.MonarchARPS.com               [email protected]

Leading the Curve In Post-Bariatric Body Contouring
Most Active