Whats considered keeping a "stable weight"

sarah092080
on 11/28/11 10:41 am - Cumming, GA
My insurance says I have to keep a stable weight for 6 months prior to them helping pay for surgery. What did this mean for ya'll? 10 pounds give or take? Im just guessing and it does not specify on benefits.

Lizzy25
on 11/28/11 11:32 am
 Yeah I'd say 10 pounds sounds reasonable. I mean, I gain or lose up to 8 pounds depending on what time of the month it is!! It'd be completely unreasonable of them to expect you to remain exactly the same weight for 6 months because everyone fluctuates a few pounds based on how much water they've had, whether they've pooped recently, etc. You could always call them and ask but I think 10 pounds sounds good. 
"The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution." -Bertrand Russell
5'9 HW: 297 GW: 160 CW: 161
(deactivated member)
on 11/28/11 11:45 am
I would say weigh yourself at home then at doctors office with same clothes to get a baseline. Then maybe help keep your weight where it needs to be so you fluctuate less.
easterneye
on 1/8/24 2:09 am
VSG on 12/08/20

I think keeping weight is relative. At the same time, you should follow a healthy diet, say no to stimulants, greasy and fatty foods to ensure you do not gain weight in the near future.

Most Active