What did You pay out of pocket with Cigna?

sarah092080
on 12/6/11 2:42 am - Cumming, GA
Hi, I have cigna and I am hoping to have them help pay for my tummy tuck. Im curious what some of you payed out of pocket with insurance. I know it want be the same, but Im just trying to get an idea.

(deactivated member)
on 12/6/11 2:48 am
I have BCBS and had an extended tummy tuck done 3 months ago and they paid everything except 800.00. 
MikeyMike
on 12/6/11 7:13 pm - New York, NY
Cigna wouldn't cover my procedure. They said it wasn't medically neccessary. Therefore I paid $6k for my lower body lift.

Highest Weight: 380                      Consult Weight: 357             Surgery Weight: 309 
Goal Weight: 220 (9/29/10)      Revised Goal Range 215-220         Current Weight: 224
Plastics: Circumferential Lower Body Lift - 11/18/2011
              Gynecomastia - 6/14/2012

waitinggame
on 12/6/11 11:51 pm - Bowie, MD
I'm working with Cigna now, but it is not looking good. My surgeon's office keeps saying they will only cover the panniculectomy part if they cover anything. Said that was only 3400 of my tummy work. I would think though that is just the surgeon's part and I'd also have some coverage for my day in the hospital, anestesia and operating room costs. The gal at my surgeon's office is not exactly my biggest advocate--it's getting on my nerves. I need someon battling for me not saying, "Well, they usually don't cover it." I don't care if they usually cover it. If they occasionally cover it, then maybe I'll be one of the ones that they do!

I'll let you know if I have any luck.

Denise

Check out my blog--menumealplanning.com. Tales of making meal planning managable, family fodder, and everything else under the sun. 

RNY 2/3/09, LBL/BL w/Augmentation 9/16/11
Start weight: 335 Current weight: 185 Goal weight: Whatever the hell I can maintain without driving myself insane

ButterflyCenturyCard-5.gif picture by barbccrn

*6.5 lost preop

sarah092080
on 12/7/11 1:42 am - Cumming, GA
Thanks for the response Denise. I want be done with my 6 months of pcp documentation until January. Then I will send off for an approval. Hopefully. Did you get the 6 months of documenting rashes and what nots? And your still having trouble?

waitinggame
on 12/7/11 11:40 am - Bowie, MD
I have years of documentation, but the notes were sporadic so I may be out of luck. She'd call in meds and not document in my chart, etc., so I'm trying to get her to go back and properly notate the chart. I'm really facing an uphill battle because I went ahead with my surgery without an approval or denial, so now it is in retroactive review. Not hopeful. As long as you get your ducks in a row hopefully you'll get lucky!

Check out my blog--menumealplanning.com. Tales of making meal planning managable, family fodder, and everything else under the sun. 

RNY 2/3/09, LBL/BL w/Augmentation 9/16/11
Start weight: 335 Current weight: 185 Goal weight: Whatever the hell I can maintain without driving myself insane

ButterflyCenturyCard-5.gif picture by barbccrn

*6.5 lost preop

Most Active