Is Lower Leg Swelling normal after LBL, inner thigh and outer thigh lift?

dutchgirl50
on 12/13/11 10:11 am - Ontario, CA
I had my inner and out thigh lift along with a lower body lift and a tummy tuck on Sept 19th.  Everything has finally healed after all the problems I had with the inner thighs.  But now my lower legs swell daily!  I can't even wear a dress for Christmas because they look like tanks to me.  I can feel the water swishing in my feet and ankles at the end of every day.  When I wear compression socks, it just takes the water up to my knee and they bulge out.
Will the swelling go away?
Karen
waitinggame
on 12/13/11 10:51 am - Bowie, MD
Hi! I had my LBL and BL/BA on September 16th. I did have one episode where my feet swelled pretty significantly after I had a pedicure, but no real significant lower leg swelling. Do you have other venous issues? Varicose veins, edema prior to surgery? I had horrible swelling after I had my 2nd daughter and I remember that swishing feeling--awful. I'm sorry you are suffering with it. Have you considered using a support stocking that is like a pair of nylons so they cover your entire leg and don't stop at the knee? I wonder if that might help at all. I have also heard a lot of very good things about lymphatic massage helping resolve ongoing swelling. Otherwise, I'd be getting with your primary doctor to get their opinion about whether or not you might benefit from a workup with a vascular surgeon. I just don't know what type of vascular structures might be interupted with the inner and outer thigh lifts.

I hope you get it figured out and find some relief soon!

Best to you,

Denise

Check out my blog--menumealplanning.com. Tales of making meal planning managable, family fodder, and everything else under the sun. 

RNY 2/3/09, LBL/BL w/Augmentation 9/16/11
Start weight: 335 Current weight: 185 Goal weight: Whatever the hell I can maintain without driving myself insane

ButterflyCenturyCard-5.gif picture by barbccrn

*6.5 lost preop

Most Active