Breast Lift

hondar
on 12/26/11 8:53 am
I have searched and not found much info on breast lifts alone.  This is what I am considering and I am very curious about the level of pain and recovery time.  How does it compare to the RNY lapro surgery?   Has anybody had knee replacement....how does it compare?

I guess it sounds wimpy, but I've had both knees replaced and just can't bear the thought of anymore intensely painful surgery.  I'm also not a spring chick....almost 60.  However, I had virtually no pain after my RNY, spent only one night in hospital, and was exercising in 5 days.

Thanks.

Lee ~
on 12/26/11 9:04 am - CA
 I'm 61.  I had a lift/reduction done 17 days ago along with numerous other procedures.  I will honestly tell you about my lift.  It hurts more than my lower body lift, thigh lift or arms, but not as much as my face did.

The breasts themselves are fine. I have a lollipop incision, but also a half circle incision under each breast.  Because of my arm lift, I'm in a compression garment for my arms with an attached soft bra.  Where the bra ends presses on the under breast incisions and really hurts me.  If I didn't have to wear this contraption I'd say picece of cake.  The drains in my breasts came out in a few days.

Of all the work I had done, I'm most in love with my breasts and would do it again in a flash.  Regardless of the annoyance now, I'm thrilled.

You won't regret it at all.  I know my incisions are healing more each day and it gets easier.

HW: 249   SW: 229 GW: 149 Age: 63 - Body by Sauceda - 12/2011

hondar
on 12/26/11 9:58 am
Thanks for your honesty.  It's good to know you would do it all again.  Hard decisions to make.
Lee ~
on 12/26/11 10:41 am - CA
 Go for it if you can!

tjherbert
on 12/26/11 11:35 am - Thompson, OH
I had a breast lift along with brachio a little over a year ago at almost 56.  Had very little pain from it.  No where near as bad as my lap RNY or LBL done 2 weeks after breasts.  A year later I am very happy with the results and would absolutely do it again.
Sweetitalian1
on 12/26/11 11:42 am - CA
Hi,

I just had a breast lift and a right breast lift and reduction 10 days ago.  No implants.  i was a D on the left and DD on the right. I am now a c cup. Both breast the same size..yeah.

They look so good and the size is okay. I may not go back for the implants. I've decided to heal first, let some time pass and then decide if i want impants.

I posted my before and after pics just a couple of days ago.
link:
 http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/plasticsurgery/4483904/Bre ast-Lift-6-days-Post-Op-Pics/

This is a bit more difficult of a recovery than my tummy tuck i had 8 yrs ago. But I can already say that I would do all over again. The breast already look really good. So I say go for it. Also, my surgery is a two part because some suregoens prefer it so you heal well from the lift.

ericaFG
on 12/26/11 11:53 am - Cambridge, Canada
 I had a breast lift along with a scar revision on my arms this summer. The recovery was super easy. My breasts had pretty much no pain at all. I did not have any drains.  I was a C going in and coming out. 
Proud Member of the Cambridge Crew!    
HW293/LW147/CW158   Height 5'9"  Working on Maintenance!
Fleur de lis TT and Brachioplasty - Oct. 19, 2010 Breast reduction and scar revision August 2, 2011

Laura in Texas
on 12/26/11 9:30 pm, edited 12/26/11 9:31 pm
I'm 45 and had a breast lift six months ago (no implants) along with a lbl. The boobs were easy. They did not cause me any pain. I love my new boobs!!

Edited to add: And my breast were in horrible shape before they were lifted. They hung down practically to my belly button, so he had a lot of work to do to make them look "normal"

Laura

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

Lee ~
on 12/26/11 11:15 pm - CA
 It's funny but after posting yesterday how painful they are for me, I rounded that recovery bend and the stopped hurting.  Much easier without pain.

proudauntie
on 12/27/11 4:40 am - Honolulu, HI
I had my breast lift a year ago when I was 59.  I did have it at the same time as a thigh lift.  I don't remember any pain from having the breast lift.  I wore a compression garment the first two weeks and then regular bras with no underwire for the next two weeks - 24 hours a day.  I told my surgeon the other day he saves me about 5 minutes every morning when I'm getting dressed because that's about how long it use to take to arrange my breasts in my bra.  Before I had the surgery I wasn't sure at my age it was worth it - but I'm so happy I did it.
Most Active