Scar Revision?

kate789
on 12/29/11 6:41 am - Colorado &, NY
Hi everyone! Hope the holidays are treating you well.

I went in for a check up with my surgeon yesterday (2 months post LBL) and he said everything is looking great but that he's not 100% satisfied because he wants to do a tiny scar revision. I got mild fat necrosis after surgery and it has finally healed up but left that area of the scar looking a little wonky (not terrible just noticeably different). The procedure sounds pretty simple and he said he can do it at the same time as my arms and breasts this summer but I'm a little curious about others experiences with surgical scar revision. 

Just wondering if anyone has had a revision done (especially after a small complication such as fat necrosis or a seroma). What was it like and are you happy with the changes? 

Kate 

ericaFG
on 12/29/11 8:18 am - Cambridge, Canada
 I had a revision because I developed keloid scars in some areas.  Not because of any complication or anything - just the way I heal.

I had the scars cut out and we aggressively treated the scars.  They healed pretty much EXACTLY the way they were before.  The only difference is that the widest scar is softer - not as ropey.  I'm hoping that this means it will heal up and lighten up faster and be less noticable. 

I kinda regret doing it - because now my scars are bright red again and were just beginning to lighten this summer...so I'm almost a year behind.  But I guess it was worth the shot in case  they would have healed nicer...
Proud Member of the Cambridge Crew!    
HW293/LW147/CW158   Height 5'9"  Working on Maintenance!
Fleur de lis TT and Brachioplasty - Oct. 19, 2010 Breast reduction and scar revision August 2, 2011

Most Active